Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Mark Forums Read

Is there a way to force All Forums to be Marked as Read when I logout

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
You could just click on the mark forums read button before logging out. That's what I do.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
You could just click on the mark forums read button before logging out. That's what I do.
@odiakohh - Me too, but I often forget. Another VBulletin board I frequent always does it at logout. But I can't see any option there either - so I guess it must be a board level setting.

Just noticed that Quick Links has Mark All Forums Read. Failing a user level setting to force it - I'll try to remember to use that one before I logout.

BR
Old 02-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You can also double-click on the small button to the left of each forum icon in the main forums page.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Thanks Jelby - I think those glyphs only Mark 'that' forum read

Now I've discovered the Mark Forums Read in Quick Links I have almost exactly want I wanted - on reflection its arguably better - I can hit it and log out with something close to a single gesture

BR
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #6
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't realize there was another mark forums read button besides the one in quick links lol.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
I didn't realize there was another mark forums read button besides the one in quick links lol.
The subforums can also be double clicked to mark it as read. If that is the only one that changed then the main forum will also be cleared automatically. I use this a lot on the forum containing all the other eBook specific forums. For example it contains the iRex subforum that I am not interested in. If this is the only one set then I just double click it and the main forum will be cleared also unless there is another subforum that needs reading or there is a post in the main forum.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
odiakkoh
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The subforums can also be double clicked to mark it as read. If that is the only one that changed then the main forum will also be cleared automatically. I use this a lot on the forum containing all the other eBook specific forums. For example it contains the iRex subforum that I am not interested in. If this is the only one set then I just double click it and the main forum will be cleared also unless there is another subforum that needs reading or there is a post in the main forum.

Dale
Ah. I have the forums I'm not interested on ignore and just look at "all new posts". When I'm done I just mark them all read.