Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 11-28-2002, 05:10 AM   #1
Alex
Alex began at the beginning.

Smile

Just installed IslioX3.2, followed all hints from the FAQ,
choosed HeiseNews2Days from Wcc105, saw all 3 processingsteps in the popup window, but i get
"Conversion generated one or more warnings..."
"Unable to open: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/pda/data/paket2.html"
and the generated file Heise News 2-Day.pdb is only
372 bytes and looks empty in Isilo viewer.

With IE 5.50 i can reach this site immediatly.
(Also AvantGo is still working!)

Please give me some hints .....
Old 11-28-2002, 05:20 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hi Alex (me old schizophrenia)

I just went to the 2-days Heise page with IE, and Heise told me

"Diese Seite ist nicht verfügbar. PDA-Versionen von Newsticker-Artikeln halten wir nur sieben Tage vor."

Two minutes later I tried again and the page updated just fine with iSiloX (42kb file for the 2-days-version). It seemed they were doing some server changes and now everything is back to normal.

Hope that helps *
Old 11-28-2002, 05:23 AM   #3
Alex

Smile

It happens with every page i try!
I even have tried all proxy settings I know ...
all other settings i can find ...
NOTHING CHANGES
Old 11-28-2002, 05:33 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
That is strange since we virtually hotsynced at the same time. I tried again, this time all variants of Heise (2 (48k), 4(116k), and 7(187k) days) and they all worked for me.

Is it just with Heise or also with other channels that you have this problem? Are you behind some firewall or router that blocks unregistered apps from accessing the internet?

Did you also change the User Agent string to "..Avantgo 3.2.." in iSiloX? I don't even think this should be necessary with Heise as Heise doesn't enforce you to use Avantgo.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:41 AM   #5
Alex

YEAHHH everything works fine now

It was my fault (I'm ashame to tell you what it was   ).
But I had too many days in office (even on weekends).

I hope I can get rid of AvantGo now (was down yesterday again).

Old 11-28-2002, 08:03 PM   #6
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

If you have gotten iSilo working properly, AvantGo's days are numbered.  I started working with iSilox and commenced immediately finding AvantGo channels.  Once I found all of them, I deleted AvantGo and haven't looked back or regretted it since.  
Scott