Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2020, 08:58 PM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Calibre 4.10.1 - font size bigger?

When I installed 4.10.1, I was struck immediately by how everything was bigger - icons were bigger and the font was bigger, meaning I see less on my screen. I have (and had) made no changes at all to the "look and feel" settings under preferences, and my monitor's display is unchanged in every other usage case except Calibre. What might have caused this?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Qt update, most likely it is turning on high DPI for your screen. You can turn it off again via Preferences->Look & feel->Adjust for high resolution screens
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the VERY prompt reply Kovid. I have attached a screenshot showing what my Calibre looks like with the High DPI adjustment set to "on" and "automatic" (automatic was the previous setting), and one showing what it looks like set it "off". Is there any way to get the happy medium I had, with slightly smaller text and icons but still using the whole screen?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	highdpi-on.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	941.3 KB
ID:	177041   Click image for larger version

Name:	highdpi-off.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	569.1 KB
ID:	177042  
Old 02-10-2020, 12:49 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The only other knobs you have available are font size and extra sacing between row, both on the same look & feel screen.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:47 PM   #5
anye123
anye123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I had the same issue on my 4k screen, and found that changing the interface font to Segoe UI 7pt and the extra line spacing to -5px had the interface back to how I think I remember it.
anye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by anye123 View Post
I had the same issue on my 4k screen, and found that changing the interface font to Segoe UI 7pt and the extra line spacing to -5px had the interface back to how I think I remember it.
THANK YOU! Maybe it's a 4K issue, because applying your settings has brought it back very close to how it was. Much obliged.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
Slipkid
Enthusiast
Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I second the thanks. This and the "fail-fast" issue both hit me after the last update.
Slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote