Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #1
jyst
jyst began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
Onyx Boox M96 Display Totally Stops Working After Calibrate -- 1 Hour After Buying!

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I just bought an Onyx Boox M96. I opened the package today. I began setting it up and went through the various settings. I pressed the "Calibrate" option to see what it was. The screen momentarily displayed a button that read "START." I pressed the back button, since I wasn't sure what this was. And then the screen stopped working. It shows a few random lines and that's it. Nothing. No picture or anything. I've had the device now for an hour or so and already it's broken!

I tried turning it off and on and holding down the power button to reset but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onyx Boox.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	865.4 KB
ID:	139529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onyx Boox2.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	472.8 KB
ID:	139530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onyx Boox3.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	139531  

Last edited by jyst; 06-22-2015 at 03:39 PM.
jyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
Hi,

have you power off the device?. You must push the power button for ten seconds or so.

Once powered off, you can start whit one or two seconds pushing the power button.

If this not work, you can put a firmware file in a sd card, and whith de device powered off, push both power and back button for some seconds until the recovery menu appears. Then you must try to install firmware for sdcard.

If that not work, you must download the mgftool and try to reinstall the firmware from this utility.

good luck
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2015, 04:03 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyst View Post
Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I just bought an Onyx Boox M96. I opened the package today. I began setting it up and went through the various settings. I pressed the "Calibrate" option to see what it was. The screen momentarily displayed a button that read "START." I pressed the back button, since I wasn't sure what this was. And then the screen stopped working. It shows a few random lines and that's it. Nothing. No picture or anything. I've had the device now for an hour or so and already it's broken!

I tried turning it off and on and holding down the power button to reset but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!
Sorry, but the screen of your device is most likely damaged (I assume during transportation). It was rather a coincidence, that it has stopped working during calibration process. Just return it back to Amazon and ask them for replacement or refund.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #4
jyst

Update: a day later, the screen started working again and worked for several hours. Then it stopped again. I'm guessing Booxtor is right and that the calibration thing was a coincidence. So I'll follow his advice and return to Amazon. Thanks
Old 07-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #5
jyst

Final update: I returned the device to Amazon and received a new, working one about five days later. Very prompt. I noticed the new one has a top button with a "menu" picture on it--as it should--rather than a "home" picture, so maybe it's from a newer batch.
Advert
Old 07-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Now....ready?.....press the 'Calibrate' button!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #7
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Now....ready?.....press the 'Calibrate' button!

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, calibrate, display, onyx, screen