Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
iPad + microwave = mess

Now why someone would want to buy an iPad 3g 64G and toss it in a microwave is beyond me, but if you want to see the end results (plus a movie of the process) here. I would not advise trying this at home...

scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
jharrison
jharrison began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch; iPad
I agree with Gizmodo. What an imbecile.
jharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Its art. The smoldering remmants with eye added are encased in acrylic like some sort of modern art.

I think the artist needs a new career. The 64 GB 3G ipad 829 bucks, ruined microwave around 150-200 and voila a top bid on ebay of 132 bucks. What a f...ing moron, priceless!!

Not to mention that what he did was also somewhat dangerous. You have no idea how a Li battery is going to behave when heated that way. There was a point in the video where a bunch of energy was released in a fireball, I'm assuming that was the battery giving way. It could have just as easily exploded.

What a moron! He's lucky he wasn't hurt. He's also lucky that the ipad uses LED based LCDs and no ccfl, hence no mercury poisoning, although the fumes coming of that burned plastic are not good to breath and probably toxic in their own right.
drofgnal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Microwaving the new iPad 3G 64GB

From DailyiPhoneBlog:

"Welcome to dOvetastic Microwave Theater. Today your professional microwave operator is going to be his Brand New 3G 64GB iPAD fresh out of the factory box strait from Apple for your viewing pleasure. DO NOT try this at home!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad-micro.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	51076  
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
For some reason, that strikes me as a very bad idea.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I merged these two threads, since they are about the same thing.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote