Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #76
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
The second one looks a lot like the Apple one for me... The Apple case is the one that I use and it is suprisingly good.

I don't like the other one. I don't find it protective enough to my tastes.
Gurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #77
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
Harry,

They call it a "case that doubles as a stand".

http://www.quirky.com/products/30-Cloak-iPad-Case

-- Rique
I don't see screen protection as a huge need. I'd rather have something like that and just slip it in a neoprene sleeve when putting it in a bag.

I find a screen cover flap annoying when holding and using the device.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #78
Lotus Esprit
Addict
Lotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enoughLotus Esprit will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Take a look at the offerings from WaterField Designs
Lotus Esprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #79
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I love the "book like" leather case I bought from Aligata http://www.aligata.com/products/Black-Espresso.html but sometimes I like to use my iPad nekkid (it, not me). Aligata now has a thick leather envelope case, for protection in a purse or backpack, but allowing actual usage in the nekkid state. I'm ogling the "Nippon" colored envelope but the sueded ones are tempting too! If you just go to Aligata.com you can see all of the color and style choices.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #80
tripad
tripad began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, ipad
I am using Tuff Luv multiview...i like it because it gives me the ability to adjust viewing angles. It is a simple case and i find it practical.
Note, the material is not leather as advertised, it is leather-like, but had no problems with it,seems to be resistant.
tripad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #81
Mercury
Enthusiast
Mercury doesn't litterMercury doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505, iPad
Originally I tried a case similar to to the apple one, except it was about £6 from amazon.

Sadly it looks cheap and nasty, adds a lot of weight and turns my pretty iPad into a big clunky practical item.

So I have bought a Trig switch easy cover which was about £35 Inc postage. It's just a slip cover, so I can undo the poppers and pull my iPad out of the case and my handbag while leaving the case in my handbag ready to put my ipad back when I've finished with it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product

I hope link works, it is my first attempt at one.

The trig looks really nice (especially in the blue, although I almost bought the mustard) and it is good quality. It is not as stable as the cheap apple style case when its on my lap, but on a table, in my opinion it feels even more stable for typing than the 'traditional' type. The slip case aspect of it works perfectly, it feels safe and protected, although not as much as the bulletproof laptop cases some companies sell.

If I figure out how to do it I will try to upload some photos.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #82
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
That SwitchEasy Trig is very interesting! Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't have it for sale in the US.

I still use my MacAlly about a third of the time, but for the most part, I've gone to just the naked iPad, with a leather MEdge sleeve for storage and transport. I'm finding I really prefer it that way. I have a folding, fully adjustable, portable tripod stand that I can use to get the iPad into virtually any position I want, so I'm not limited by the one or two positions a case can handle. And I'm not stuck with the extra weight of the case constantly.

My husband, on the other hand, has been using the MEdge Executive case for a month now and loves it--I'd go nuts dealing with that extra bulk and weight. Everyone's just a little different in how they use these!
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:32 AM   #83
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
This is the case I DIYed recently.
http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-...oleskin-style/
It's working pretty well.

The case is providing some angling for reading which is great. It also has the front which keeps away dust. But there's just one big drawback. When putting the ipad into the case, the awesome design and the "slimness" of it cannot be seen.

So I went and bought a silicone case for home use (the book like case was meant for on the road use anyways). Now this comes with all the disadvantages the case I made doesn't have (or whatever other book like case one uses).
So I decided to make a wooden slip-case where I can fit my ipad including the silicone skin. I'm really exited on how it'll work out.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #84
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac

This case is from PDAir and costs 79$ (international shipping included). It has magnets so it doesn’t need a latch to close. I love it. I just love it. I would have preferred faux leather to real leather, but besides that it is really awesome and very well made. It can also function as a stand in horizontal mode, but only at about 50–60 degrees and not a low angle like the Apple case.
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #85
ronw
Enthusiast
ronw began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
IPAD Case

I have the Apple case and are wondering if I should charge the Ipad whilst in the case. I know many devices generate a lot of heat while charging and wondered about the IPad. Anyone any experience to offer on cases and charging?
ronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #86
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
I charge mine in the Apple iPad case without any problems... The generated heat seems to be quite low when compared to other devices.
Gurvan is offline   Reply With Quote