Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #16
ylsul
Connoisseur
ylsul is on a distinguished road

Had it on a table that had doughnut crumbs on it. Was a terrible crisis at the time.

Having seen the other kind of cases available, I kind of wished I had waited on the case.
ylsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #17
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
lol. did you expect any case to be donut proof?

you can always ebay yours. i'm sure you'll get a couple of bucks for it.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #18
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
LOL the iPad was in the apple bag inside my gigantic purse, so I wasn't too worried about it getting stolen. I was worried about it getting broken. I'm happy to read good reports of the apple case - can't wait to get it!
steph_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #19
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
Got tired of waiting on an Octostyle iPad case and ordered an interesting & very affordable leather case from a company called Aligata. Hope it's not a scam... I'll report back.
Cheers, Joe Mac
(http://www.aligata.com/products/Nippon.html)
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #20
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmcg9 View Post
Got tired of waiting on an Octostyle iPad case and ordered an interesting & very affordable leather case from a company called Aligata. Hope it's not a scam... I'll report back.
Cheers, Joe Mac
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that case has a common flaw present in several early cases: the top border blocks the available light sensor preventing auto brightness from working properly. I found this out the hard way as my CTStore case from Amazon had that problem.

I just picked-up the Apple case today and I like it's thinness and the feel of the material has just the right amount of grip and feels good in my hands. And, of course, Apple is aware of their own light sensor so it doesn't have that flaw.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 12:46 AM   #21
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
hmmm. hole punch would fix that quick
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #22
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
hmmm. hole punch would fix that quick
Yeah, it did on mine...1/4" drill to be exact But it looked like what it was: an afterthought.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #23
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
I am the OP. I got my apple case last Monday. So far I am very happy with it. I love the angle for typing. The material feels good to me and I don't find the edges sharp. I haven't found that it gets too dirty (but I've only had it a short time). I like the way it holds the iPad securely so I don't have to worry about it falling out. I also like how thin it is. I am pleased with my purchase. The only thing I wish it had was a pocket or flap on the inside cover to hold a small cleaning cloth and some ear buds. If it had that, I would say it was perfect!
steph_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #24
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
I really like the design of the Apple case - just wish they sold it in leather or ballistic nylon, with a velcro latch. And no logo..!

Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #25
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I made the mistake of getting the Griffin case. The two top retainer elastics interfere with proper operation of the iPad. On the left it's right over the mike(when I use Skype) and on the right it holds the on/off switch depressed???
Bad design...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #26
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmcg9 View Post
Cheers, Joe Mac
looks nice
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #27
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
Aligata Leather case

Looks like Aligata has a solution. They are adding a hole for the light sensor.
Cheers, Joe Mac
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do like the Apple case and so far, I have no seen/read/heard of one that's actually better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:03 AM   #29
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do like the Apple case and so far, I have no seen/read/heard of one that's actually better.
Then you may never have heard about Noreve. They are well known for making excellent, outstanding cases for nearly everything and like i expected their iPad case is (again) one of the best.

http://www.noreve.com/brand/Apple/pr...Tradition.html
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:24 AM   #30
Homsa
Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Pocketbook 302, iPad, Kindle3, Sony 650, Kindle4 NT
Ordered Noreve case at Saturday. Will post photos when I'll receive it. I hope expectations and reality will match.
Homsa is offline   Reply With Quote