Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 02:26 AM   #1
mightydimo
mightydimo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 8.0(2018)
Calibre on a NAS Server

Hi all, is there a way to run Calibre server from my NAS. In this case it is a QNAP 4 bay raid 5 setup that i use for a variety of things and it is always on. I just dont want to setup another computer purely for Calibre stuff. If this question has already been asked before, pls point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
mightydimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:13 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydimo View Post
Hi all, is there a way to run Calibre server from my NAS. In this case it is a QNAP 4 bay raid 5 setup that i use for a variety of things and it is always on. I just dont want to setup another computer purely for Calibre stuff. If this question has already been asked before, pls point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Read the manual ==>> Calibre library on a networked drive/NAS/FileShare site?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
BR
I think he wants to RUN calibre-server.exe on the NAS

Your caution is still very valid during the UPDATING of a NAS Library.
That has to be stopped during the Copy to NAS (library folder).

OP It is very easy to trip up in a setup like this and damage the integrity of the data(base). Calibre was designed for a SINGLE desktop (access). Server is evolving, you can already make some changes via the WEB Browser UI (I have not explored this aspect)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote