Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-14-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Virtual Libraries don't show in content server permissions?

I created a new user for the content server and want to restrict access so that it only has access to a virtual library - in reading previous messages on this topic it seems that this should be possible.

But when I go to User Accounts and then "Restrict the libraries this user can access" i have the "Allow access to" drop down and it has three values:

All Libraries
Only the specified libraries
All except the specified libraries

However, when I click on "only the specified libraries" I only get one selection: my main library ("Calibre library").

Is there a reason that my virtual libraries don't show up in that list? Is there a way to restrict a user to only a specified virtual library?
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Virtual libraries are just search expressions, you can enter an arbitrary search expression under each allowed library to further restrict the user to only books that match that search expression.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #3
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Cool - that makes sense and worked. I just copied over my search query from where I had the virtual library defined. I guess that might be a feature request for some day - add the list of virtual libraries to the list of selectable libraries on that window.

Thanks for the quick reply!
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can specify a virtual library in a search expression, avoiding copying the underlying search. See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/vir...es-in-searches. Note that the virtual library name is case sensitive.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote