Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #181
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Everyone CONGAgrate around the water. Now don't drink it too quickly. Sure you've been out in the sun for a week or so, living off the land and the paint fumes with no one to keep you company but that pack of llamas. No don't gulp. Is that red paint or blood? Did you bite the spider or did the spider bite you? Easy on that water, you don't want to run out again. What do you mean "prime the pump"? Do you see any pump? No, I don't see any birds overhead circling anymore. They weren't condors, they were vultures. Now just a small sips. That's right. Feel better?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #182
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Everyone CONGAgrate around the water. Now don't drink it too quickly. Sure you've been out in the sun for a week or so, living off the land and the paint fumes with no one to keep you company but that pack of llamas. No don't gulp. Is that red paint or blood? Did you bite the spider or did the spider bite you? Easy on that water, you don't want to run out again. What do you mean "prime the pump"? Do you see any pump? No, I don't see any birds overhead circling anymore. They weren't condors, they were vultures. Now just a small sips. That's right. Feel better?
Noooooo .... there are still vultures out in the front yard!!! I'm skeered!!!

Would paint fumes make a person hallucinate vultures?? How about vultures doing the conga??? How about vultures, and cats doing the conga??

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #183
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Sure, paint fumes combined with dehydration could make you hallucinate vultures, cats, and pandas doing the conga. In fact, are you sure there are really llamas down the road??

Have you considered putting in a water filtration system?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #184
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Sure, paint fumes combined with dehydration could make you hallucinate vultures, cats, and pandas doing the conga. In fact, are you sure there are really llamas down the road??

Have you considered putting in a water filtration system?
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh .... no, no I haven't.

Yes, there really (really) is a llama farm (ranch?) whatever just down the road. The gate has these big ol' metal llamas on it.

SPEAKING OF WHICH .... have any of you ever heard the Llama Song???

Old 08-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #185
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
SPEAKING OF WHICH .... have any of you ever heard the Llama Song???

around here, we just call that "marc's ringtone."

i was going to suggest the water filtration system as well. might be a good idea.

(my favorite part is "doorknob ankle duck." that line gets me right in the heart every time. poignant lyrics.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #186
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The water at my in-laws' is completely undrinkable (we don't even like using it to shower, because of the strong sulfur smell) but they just got a new water filtration system and now their water is fine. (I've made tea with it, which is a pretty stern test for me.) Just a thought... it would leave you less dependent on the vagaries of a water distribution company, would probably save you money medium-long term, and might be more energy-efficient as well.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #187
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
around here, we just call that "marc's ringtone."

i was going to suggest the water filtration system as well. might be a good idea.

(my favorite part is "doorknob ankle duck." that line gets me right in the heart every time. poignant lyrics.)
I know, I know ... doesn't it just make you proud to be a duck??
Old 08-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #188
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
The water at my in-laws' is completely undrinkable (we don't even like using it to shower, because of the strong sulfur smell) but they just got a new water filtration system and now their water is fine. (I've made tea with it, which is a pretty stern test for me.) Just a thought... it would leave you less dependent on the vagaries of a water distribution company, would probably save you money medium-long term, and might be more energy-efficient as well.
OH, ok .... I'll think about it. Although it is a lot of fun yelling obscenities at the help desk. I would miss that.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #189
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
OH, ok .... I'll think about it. Although it is a lot of fun yelling obscenities at the help desk. I would miss that.
You could still yell obscenities at the water filter system... or at the water company's help desk, I suppose. Though it seems there are politicians who probably deserve it at least as much, if you feel like yelling.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #190
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
You could still yell obscenities at the water filter system... or at the water company's help desk, I suppose. Though it seems there are politicians who probably deserve it at least as much, if you feel like yelling.
Oooo ... that's a thought. I could call some politician and make his life a living hell. Much better than torturing some poor girl making minimum wage. I mean ... really ... there's no real sport in it when life already has them down.

Oh ... and before I forget .... I finished painting the front bathroom!! Tra la la ....
Old 08-10-2008, 02:16 AM   #191
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, today we broke with Sunday tradition (that of walking down to the grower's markets for the week's vegetables, and some eggs and smoked fish), and instead, after walking the dogs, walked through the National Park to Alexandria Bay:

(Sorry, file photo, and not a particular good one)

It's a nice 21C day, and feels warmer in the sun (I'm looking forward to summer though). Despite the only way of getting to A-Bay being by hilly walking track, there were quite a few people on the beach, some nuded-up (it's not an official nude beach, but, well, anyway...), but when I say "quite a few", I mean small groups or couples or singles about 50-100-200m apart. I had my camera with my macro lens and, and took a few photos (not of the nudies, of course), but mostly it was just a nice walk. We made it a circular route rather than a return by going back via Hell's Gates and the coastal track back to Hastings Street, where we fueled-up with a Massimo's icecream (waffle cone, with a scoop of dark cherry - with half-cherries in it - and a scoop of macadamia - with crushed and quarter-macadamias in it. Quite satisfactory, thank-you very much.).

Got home, got a nice tall glass of something cold, nuded-up, and jumped in the spa for an hour to "relax" tired muscles.

Now I'm just filling in time for another 20 minutes, then we'll take the dogs down for a leash-free walk on Noosa spit, and then along the Main Beach beachfront...

(another file photo)

...where we'll stop at the burger place for a grilled chicken and camembert burger each for dinner around sunset.

I can't complain. 'S a pretty good day all up, really, and, I guess, a pretty sweet life.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:37 AM   #192
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Working. Working. Endlessly working. Sheesh! You'd think we'd run out of people with mental illness after a while!
Could be the treatments don't work, or the treaters....

That'll be me paying the laddy on the door on the way out before he catches up with me....

Quote:
Ok ... then, as long as the llamas are coming. Yippeee ... llamas!!!

If it makes you feel any better .... I'm facing:

1. A weekend of nonstop 100 degree plus days;
2. And stupid Sparketts didn't deliver our drinking water;
3. And no one here wants to drink the local water (which is ghastly);
4. And I've got to start on the trench;
5. And finish painting the kitchen and first bathroom;
6. And the cats keep trying to play in the paint;
7. Which means I have to take as much as possible outside;
8. Where it's 100 plus degrees; and
9. We don gots no drinkin water!!

You got a delivery - brilliant....

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

I can't complain. 'S a pretty good day all up, really, and, I guess, a pretty sweet life.

Cheers,
Marc
Of course it is in wall-to-wall warmth and glorious sun....

DG, come on now - get well soon....

Geoff
(sodding weather)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #193
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Could be the treatments don't work, or the treaters....

That'll be me paying the laddy on the door on the way out before he catches up with me....

You got a delivery - brilliant....

Of course it is in wall-to-wall warmth and glorious sun....

DG, come on now - get well soon....

Geoff
(sodding weather)
Did you forget? You sacked the laddy at the door, so now we have the Luddite at the entrance to the supersecret escape tunnel that Nekochan adamantly refuses to use to collect your fare. Coin only and it better not be any of that debased modern stuff.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #194
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Coin only and it better not be any of that debased modern stuff.

OK, that's be 158 pounds, 15 shillings and 13 and half-penny, please pay the luddite at the door which we can't seem to find....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #195
sassygirl
sassygirl began at the beginning.

Device: mobile
aside from reading and posting this message, hehehe, i am also tutoring my nephew for his exams tomorrow..we tackling "He, She and It" or simply just pronouns..
sassygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?