Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
Sparky Stu
Sparky Stu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Kobo Mini image needed please

Hi all

My wife has a Kobo mini, she made the silly mistake of unpluging it while it was in sync mode, I have tried to reset it using the power button also the pin reset on the back. Device still going round in a loop with the smiley face.

I have now taken the back off and found a 4gb memory card, I am happy to upgrade this if needed, or if anybody has an image it would help a lot.

I can see the upgrade images and have downloaded several, however I will need help on partition sizes and names. I can see several posts on this also, however nothing that tells me what files are needed where.

Any help will be received with thanks.

Stu
Yes it was the wife lol
Old 05-30-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have sent you a PM with a link for a disk image for the Mini. To restore it, have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122. That is for the Glo, but the basic steps are the same. After restoring the image, you can extend the third partition to fill the space.
Advert
Old 05-31-2014, 05:08 AM   #3
Sparky Stu

Thanks for the image, did not see the thread before the PM
Old 06-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
Sparky Stu

I am unable to open the zip folder, tried winzip, winrar and 7-zip

downloaded it twice on 2 different machines
Old 06-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
David, are images device specific, ie, tied to serial numbers? Or can I use an image from one Mini on a different Mini?
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Stu View Post
I am unable to open the zip folder, tried winzip, winrar and 7-zip

downloaded it twice on 2 different machines
Sorry, I don't know what is happening. I just downloaded it here and there were no problems unpacking it with 7-zip.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
David, are images device specific, ie, tied to serial numbers? Or can I use an image from one Mini on a different Mini?
The images do contain a serial number. In the ones I have the serial numbers have been set to all zeros. Strictly, this should be changed before using the image. I know a few people have, but I don't know what happens if you don't.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The images do contain a serial number. In the ones I have the serial numbers have been set to all zeros. Strictly, this should be changed before using the image. I know a few people have, but I don't know what happens if you don't.
Good to know, thanks. I may put a larger card in my white mini, so I'll just copy the right one.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:52 AM   #9
Sparky Stu

Any chance you could upload the image on drop box or something without zipping it up?
Old 06-02-2014, 03:45 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The unpacked file is about 4GB in size. Putting it somewhere isn't very practical. Plus, I don't use dropbox or the like.

The server I am using is one I control and has a good connection to the net Plus I have downloaded and checked the file. But, I have just out it on a different server and will send you a link in a few moments.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #11
Sparky Stu

Thanks David, the 2nd img file downloaded and unzipped fine

I will have a go and trying to install the img over later tonight
Old 06-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #12
Sparky Stu

Wife is a happy bunnie again

All up and running and put a 32 gig in also at the same time
Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #13
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Please img for kobo-mini (to kobo of the friend)

sorry the inconvenience...
Old 06-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 06-03-2019, 06:49 AM   #15
markwhite19
markwhite19 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Hi, I am having trouble getting a friends kobo mini to start after doing an upgrade which seemed to crash and I am wondering if the SD card has become corrupted. Is anyone able to send me the image file I need and a link to instructions please?
Closed Thread