Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
Wabbitoid
Wabbitoid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Marking a book as 'downloaded' when using Content Server

Is there a way for the Content Server to automatically increment a (user-added) counter for each book that has been downloaded using the web interface?

Situation: I have a multitude of e-readers (e-ink, Android, iPad) that I read my books on.

Problem: I sometimes forget which book I've been reading on one device and don't remember which one to (re)download onto the second device.

Example: I will sometimes leave the house and want to resume (on my phone) a book during a break, but due to my crappy memory, I sometimes forget which one I need to download from my internet-accessible Content Server to my Android until I go back home.

So having this new field visible on the web interface will allow me to narrow it down. Heck even a date-downloaded field would work.

Last edited by Wabbitoid; 06-15-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Wabbitoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:24 AM   #2
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
The only (ugly) way I could think of, from user viewpoint, is to create a custom column (Yes/No value) and you will have to manually select "Yes" (Editing metadata) for the books you choose to download. You can utilize Virtual Library to filter out the books with "Yes" on that column.

Or you can utilize the Date or Published Date field. Just hit "Today" on Edit page and you can make sure the books are on the top of the list.

Last edited by nqk; 06-17-2019 at 03:27 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Use the column suggested by NQK as you are 90% there when using the content server from the browser.
Kovid added an edit button (circled) a while back, so do your manual 'set the tag' thing when you grab a book using the browser
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ContentSVRedit.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	171955  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #4
Wabbitoid
Wabbitoid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks to both of you for confirming that this is the best way to do it.

I just tried it out and think that as long as I remember to update my new Y/N field, I should be able to find which book to download onto my other eReader more easily.

Last edited by Wabbitoid; 06-17-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Wabbitoid is offline   Reply With Quote