Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
wjt
wjt began at the beginning.

Device: none
printing Calibre

Is it possible to print the calibre library list of books and if so, How is it done?-
wjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjt View Post
Is it possible to print the calibre library list of books and if so, How is it done?-
One way is to :
Right click Convert: Create a Catalog: select CSV format (and a name/place for the file).

Once done, open the file with your favourite spreadsheet and format to taste
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
wjt
wjt began at the beginning.

Device: none
printing calibre library

Thanks for your reply. I have done what you suggested but i am again stuck. I do not want to use a spread sheet, I want to be able to print the library list in Corel Word perfect. I can put it in "Notepad" but the list is then corrrupted with loads of data of no value to me. I should explain. The list shonn in calibre is of limited value as titles and authors are mixed willy nilly and in many cases, are restricted to a few words which do not really identify the book. I simply wish to transfer the data to WPX5 where i can manipulate the info. as I see fit. If you advise me further I will be grateful. Regards, Bill Thompson
wjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjt View Post
Thanks for your reply. I have done what you suggested but i am again stuck. I do not want to use a spread sheet, I want to be able to print the library list in Corel Word perfect. I can put it in "Notepad" but the list is then corrrupted with loads of data of no value to me. I should explain. The list shonn in calibre is of limited value as titles and authors are mixed willy nilly and in many cases, are restricted to a few words which do not really identify the book. I simply wish to transfer the data to WPX5 where i can manipulate the info. as I see fit. If you advise me further I will be grateful. Regards, Bill Thompson
You are using the Wrong tool(s) wich is why you can't make sense of what you see.
A spread sheet allows sorting, Hiding unwanted columns, and formatted printing.

Open Office (or LibreOffice) will do a great job here.
FWIW I no longer use WP 8 (Pro), OO is so much nicer.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are using the Wrong tool(s) which is why you can't make sense of what you see.
A spread sheet allows sorting, Hiding unwanted columns, and formatted printing.

Open Office (or LibreOffice) will do a great job here.
FWIW I no longer use WP 8 (Pro), OO is so much nicer.
+1. Another thing, you can specify what data you want included in the CSV catalog. Just unselect all the stuff you won't need (e.g. uuid, etc) and keep the stuff you do want. I usually export just the id, title and authors.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert