Great pity this function would greatly improve the appearance of CR3
Edemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:00 AM   #707
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
CR3 on Inkpad3

I'm thinking of buying an Inkpad3 for my son. Does anybody have experience with CR3 on the new Inkpad?
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:38 AM   #708
m.s
Enthusiast
m.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Bookeens, Kindles, Kobos, PocketBooks, Tolinos
Cool Reader works in general on Inkpad 3, only the orientation fails in some ways. The Inkpad 3 has an orientation sensor, but the Cool Reader doesn't know about. The orientation icons are not displayed. PocketBook has probably changed the internal orientation processing so that the Cool Reader does not start after reading a book in landscape format. That's a pity, because the landscape format in combination with the keys and the two columns is ideal.
m.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #709
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Since the last firmware update (U631.5.17.1409 20180227_121009) and last OTA Coolreader update (0.0.6-17-62.1 pro5 2018-02-13), I find that the light intensity vertical swipe doesn't work smoothly anymore on my Touch HD. In particular, a swipe upward does not turn on the light, while a swipe downward turns it off. Going to the system bar is needed to turn on the light; and when swipe down turns off, the system bar still shows the bulb. Which disappears expanding the bar (bulb grayed out), but reverting the slider to a high value, which is a bit odd.
Bug? Others affected? I think I remember swiping was still ok after the OTA (intoducing color control for HD2) and before the firmware update.

Last edited by EastEriq; 03-16-2018 at 07:10 AM.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:29 AM   #710
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Can you try if deactivating standby in Coolreader solves the problem?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #711
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Tried, same behavior.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:28 AM   #712
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
Since the last firmware update (U631.5.17.1409 20180227_121009) and last OTA Coolreader update (0.0.6-17-62.1 pro5 2018-02-13), I find that the light intensity vertical swipe doesn't work smoothly anymore on my Touch HD. In particular, a swipe upward does not turn on the light, while a swipe downward turns it off. Going to the system bar is needed to turn on the light; and when swipe down turns off, the system bar still shows the bulb. Which disappears expanding the bar (bulb grayed out), but reverting the slider to a high value, which is a bit odd.
Bug? Others affected? I think I remember swiping was still ok after the OTA (intoducing color control for HD2) and before the firmware update.
I've installed the latest FW on my Touch HD and the swipe works OK - after activating the light with a button (I have it on long press on the menu button). After that, I can swipe it off and on again. However, when I activate the pop down menu (system bar) to have a look at the light status with the light turned OFF in Coolreader, I need to turn it on again with a button because the swipe stops working.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 AM   #713
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

I've got Coolreader installed on my new Inkpad 3 and it works fine. Sometimes it's difficult, though, to get out of the menus in the settings.
Brucelee, could you increase the size of the menu bars for higher resolution devices like the Touch HD and the InkPad 3?
Also, the buttons for the cite selection dialog are a bit cut off on those devices.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #714
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Hey LucyOne, this issue is tracked here: https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketb...der/issues/246
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #715
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Here's an adapted version of the 631 skin for the Touch HD and InkPad with a larger font size. This makes navigation in the settings easier.
I've also changed the size of the cite selection dialog icons so they are not cut off anymore.
Just remove the .zip ending from the filename and copy the file to system/share/cr3/skins/.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pb631fw5.cr3skin.zip (254.5 KB, 330 views)
Old 04-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #716
framorg
Enthusiast
framorg began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3 and Pocketbook Pro603
Hi @lucyOne,
Thank you for your efforts. It is great!
But two things have to get better.
First: Header on the page is too narrow, it is very complicated to hit the back arrow for backwards.
Second, the About page has very small font on InkPad3 is very hard to read it.
I believe in the .xml file in the skin is a possibility. There is a section "ABOUT". maybe this helps?
Thank you
framorg
framorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #717
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

HI @framorg, actually, someone else on a German forum changed the font sizes. I am not familiar with XML. I've taken a look at the file but wouldn't know which value to change for the header or the about page. For me, it's already an improvement compared to the old version.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:59 PM   #718
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
Hi LucyOne,

I installed your skin on my Touch HD 2. It looks fine but somehow now I got a popup saying ~ custom theme cr3 will restart. And then when I leave cr3 everything is much smaller and shifted to the left. Even after reboot. Does that make sense? I had a system update too. But my impression was that this change happened before the system update. Does my Touch HD 2 think it is a inkpad now?

//Settings/personalize/Theme is set to LineCustom
setting it back to fixes the issue
//Settings/personalize/Theme is set to Line
but next time I restart cr3 it does it again

Last edited by ibat; 04-26-2018 at 01:08 PM.
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #719
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Hi ibat,

The theme doesn't have anything to do with the PB system theme, it's only for CR. I don't really know what happened on your device. The theme is only to get a better fit for the higher resolution devices like Touch HD, HD 2 and Inkpad 3. Did you change it in the CR options?
Old 04-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #720
EastEriq
Groupie

Isn't it the same problem I reported in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=680 (third issue, see screenshot). Brucelee's comment a couple of posts below, disable the custom theme. I kept seeing it on and off at subsequent CR OTA updates, but alas, CR options, disable custom, exit CR, reopen, ok.
Something of the theme improved across the couple of OTAs I had - e.g the dictionary button icons are now nicer than those I got when I got onboard.