Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #16
Will2010
Will2010 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My Kindle is a "hot librarian-type" chick-magnet!
Ha ha. If only.

Actually, I'd settle for the hot chick by the pool with the sunglasses that cost more than her Kindle in the current TV ads for the Kindle. Yeah, settle. Ha.
Will2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
I think most of these comments apply to all ereaders. Maybe Kindle owners are just more communicative about their new toys

cheers
I think it's because it's in the Kindle form being asked about the Kindle. I think if this thread was in general discussions about readers in general, it would be a lot more active. It has nothing to do with one brand vs another. It has to do with the fact that this sort of question fits for all people who are on MR and have a reader.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #18
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I love technology and have used other small devices, up until now, trying to use them as readers. But when I got my kindle I read in a more comfortable manner. The screen is so large and clear and the whole thing is far better than a paper version. So I read more often.

I even use my Kindle for a Bible at Church and in our men's study group. The Kindle has made me a better reader because I am more comfortable holding it than holding a big heavy Bible. Plus, I'm the kool guy at Church with the techy toys.
jgumphress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:23 AM   #19
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I definitely read more. There's no more dead time between books, plus I can read longer at a stretch because my hands don't get tired.

While I'm reading more books, I'm spending less. I no longer buy ten books at a time just to make sure I have something I like. I no longer read something I'm not really enjoying just because I don't have anything else. I get samples and buy the book when I have a good idea of whether I'll like it. Samples also encourage me to be more adventurous since I'm not spending anything to try the book.

I'm actually getting more out of my local public library than I did before, too. They've been really expanding their ebook collection. Now I can check out a book whenever I like, not just on a weekend when I have time to get there.

Plus, I've cleared up storage space in my house and my luggage is no longer half books when I travel.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote