Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
Inkpad X

I'm considering the Inkpad X, since my beloved Kindle DX is slowly dying...

Can I ask a few questions?

1) are you satisfied with the device?
2) is a cover/sleeve included? I cannot understand it from the amazon link https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07...PNWYJU7H&psc=1
3) there is the possibility to have subfolders? I'm used to store my books in different folders, named by the author
4) is Calibre working OK with it?

thanks!
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
1) I don't own the InkPad X, so I can't really answer the first question... I have close to the bottom of the line, non-touch, non-WiFi, front-lit PB615 (Basic Lux). I like the way it displays books, that it has page turn keys and Adobe DRM built-in. I like this reader a lot, which is why I'm probably going to buy an HD 6.

2) I'm nearly positive that the InkPad X does NOT come with a cover — unless they handle this differently in Italy.

3) The PB615 (and, I assume, all PocketBooks) default to putting books in folders by author. (See screen captures.)

4) Calibre works fine with my PocketBook, though I'm not doing anything special with it. Just moving books to the PB615.

The PocketBook also likes my Constantia font. I've given a couple samples of what a 6" screen looks like (one with the status off – for full page – one with it on). I like the clean screen.

EDIT: I've added a 5th screen capture to show what viewing choices PocketBook (at least version 5.17.xxx) gives you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	*-0.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	179555   Click image for larger version

Name:	*-1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	179556   Click image for larger version

Name:	*-2.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	179557   Click image for larger version

Name:	*-3.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	179558   Click image for larger version

Name:	*.13.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	179559  

Last edited by rcentros; 05-27-2020 at 07:57 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2020, 12:49 AM   #3
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
In the setting of calibre You can choose how to send books to Your device, there is a template. I did not change it but I imagine that it is not so difficult.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:56 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I don't own one but since it is not widespread in the English speaking world just my 2 cents.
If you want more infos, have a look at the German forum:
https://www.e-reader-forum.de/t/neues-inkpad-x.153713/
1) Only complains I read so far from people who owned them where some minor things regarding the firmware which pocketbook promised to solve soon.
2) Sleeve is not included, costs around 20€, but screen is sturdy since they have no glass parts in it. They don't advertise the almost unbreakable screen though.
3) All Pocketbooks provide a folder view, including subfolders etc.
4) Calibre export is depending on the export template which takes a while to adapt to new devices. Using other Pocketbook export templates should work.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
HvdB
Enthusiast
HvdB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
I'm considering the Inkpad X, since my beloved Kindle DX is slowly dying...

1) are you satisfied with the device?
2) is a cover/sleeve included?
I bought the Inkpad X and I brought it back. I was very disappointed.
I love my Pocketbook Touch HD3 6 inch, but this is just a device for people who need large fontsize reading.

I bought it for pdf reading, but 10'3 still gives problems. In landscape it is almost impossible to read in columns. Only fontsize 9 or smaller gives a 2 column option.
So you have a huge device and you need a pair of glasses! 🤓

It' s very expensive and there is no case for it. There is a sleeve, but not included in the price. Compared with other devices it has just a few settings. There are better
e- readers for pdf's, and with split screen and a lot more possibilities.
HvdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
If someone was happy with the Kindle DX, then they would be even happier with the Inkpad X screen. I don't think they would expect to use it in side-by-side single display mode.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote