Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2023, 04:58 AM   #31
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I've now installed the latest firmware. Anxious to see if it fixes the battery drain when notebooks are open bug.

I’ve already noticed that the cloud syncing bug has been fixed. All my notebooks that were stuck in a state of being out of sync with the server accepted my choice of local over cloud version a few moments ago. Those notebooks were basically locked because they also would crash if you updated the local version. I haven’t noticed any battery draining yet. So far, so good.

I did a lot of notebook work today now that I could finally do it thanks to the firmware update, but after putting my Elipsa to sleep and setting it aside at 87%, I just picked it up half a day later and it was at 10%. Even exiting the journals and switching to My Books had not stopped the power leakage. I’ll try rebooting next time I exit Notebooks to see if that stops the power drain.

Anybody running an Elipsa v.1 seeing the same battery performance issues?
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 05:25 AM   #32
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
OK here.
No front light, no wifi, no BT.

Edit:
Stock Sleep Cover.

I'd left it on Notebooks main page .

Last edited by Quoth; 08-31-2023 at 05:30 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2023, 07:31 AM   #33
Captain Picard
Captain Picard began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Still having constantly refreshing wishlist making it unusable plus getting a lot of network errors. The last 4 updates have introduced more and more bugs. Everything worked in 4.35
Captain Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 12:52 PM   #34
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I did a lot of notebook work today now that I could finally do it thanks to the firmware update, but after putting my Elipsa to sleep and setting it aside at 87%, I just picked it up half a day later and it was at 10%. Even exiting the journals and switching to My Books had not stopped the power leakage. I’ll try rebooting next time I exit Notebooks to see if that stops the power drain.

It is not unheard of for a 'stuck' process to drain power on a Kobo, (or any other e-readers, for that matter.).... By far, the first step is to see if the problem persists after a reboot.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 01:20 PM   #35
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I'll do the patches soon. I've been away without a connection for the last week, so I missed this release.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2023, 01:47 PM   #36
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Has this version been withdrawn? It's no longer showing on pgaskin.net
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:15 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
Has this version been withdrawn? It's no longer showing on pgaskin.net
It's not listed, but if you know the link, it's still there. Does this mean we should nt install it or if we have, should we go back?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:33 PM   #38
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
What link are you using to test??
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:00 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
What link are you using to test??
The same link I used to download the firmware.

Code:
https://cdn.kobo.com/downloads/firmwares/kobo9/Aug2023/kobo-update-4.38.21908.zip
That's the link for the Kobo 9 hardware (Libra 2). Change kobo9 to the version you need for your kobo and you should be able to download this firmware.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:14 PM   #40
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Odd that 4.38.21908 has gone and now 4.37.21586 is showing on https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 04:57 PM   #41
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I think this release has been nuked as my Kobo stopped asking to update while syncing.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 05:02 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
I think this release has been nuked as my Kobo stopped asking to update while syncing.
Kobo Utilities tells me there is no new firmware.
Old 08-31-2023, 06:17 PM   #43
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The response I received from Kobo is that the rollout of 4.38.21908 had been paused due to the issues with Pocket sign in. This appears to be an issue between Kobo and Pocket on the back end so I suspect there won't be a new release once the problem has been resolved.

Quote:
Can’t log in to Pocket

We’re currently experiencing intermittent issues logging in to Pocket accounts. We’re working closely with Pocket to resolve the situation, and apologize for any inconvenience. Please try logging in later.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-31-2023 at 06:22 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:17 PM   #44
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Well mine updated while I was in the middle of reading. (So annoying). I don't know if I should revert to the previous or just leave it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:23 PM   #45
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Are you using Pocket? Are you having difficulty connecting to your Pocket account? If not, I'd just leave it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release