Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2023, 02:11 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.38.21908

Firmware 4.38.21908 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 02:13 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Here's what I have in my notes for this release:

Pass 1:
Updated Pocket sign in flow. In the More tab > My Articles, scan the QR code and follow the steps to link your eReader with Pocket.

Updated Warranty and Certs.

Bug fixes:

Total number of Wishlist books were inaccurate.
Default search option was set to 'My Book' in RX but should be 'Current read'.
Download Notebook language assets based on Nebo file locale.
Notebooks disappearing after syncing device.

Pass 2:
Updated certs
Fixed analytics bugs
Fixed slow page turn on Elipsa 2E

The issue with files not being closed before a USB connect is not fixed in this release. The recommendation to reboot before a USB connect or connecting from Home/Books is still a workaround if you run into this issue.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2023, 02:26 PM   #3
BillGaitas
BillGaitas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Will this be the update where they fix the absolutely broken European Portuguese translation? Of course not, I bet.
BillGaitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 02:30 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGaitas View Post
Will this be the update where they fix the absolutely broken European Portuguese translation? Of course not, I bet.
I don't read Portuguese so couldn't say. Perhaps you could update and then come back to let us know if it has been fixed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 02:36 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The issue with files not being closed before a USB connect is not fixed in this release. The recommendation to reboot before a USB connect or connecting from Home/Books is still a workaround if you run into this issue.
I go to the home screen before connecting to the USB. That works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2023, 05:05 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes. Or My Books.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 05:09 PM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Bug fixes:

The Search with "My Books" rather than "Current Read" wasn't a major thing as one tap approx fixed, but nice to have it fixed.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 05:52 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Going to the Home screen is two or three taps.
Old 08-28-2023, 10:37 PM   #9
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
It does not work for me. So there is something else going on. I'm just lucky that way.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 06:12 AM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Going to the Home screen is two or three taps.
Going to My Books is just one tap.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 06:44 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Going to My Books is just one tap.
How do you go to My Books in one tap from within a book?
Old 08-29-2023, 06:46 AM   #12
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How do you go to My Books in one tap from within a book?
Oops, 2 taps.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:05 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Oops, 2 taps.
But if you got into the book from home, it's going to take 3 taps.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:51 AM   #14
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But if you got into the book from home, it's going to take 3 taps.
Nope. 2 taps.

If you are in the dictionary from reading, it will take you 4 taps to get to Home if you started in My Books.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:54 AM   #15
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Here's what I have in my notes for this release:

Pass 1:
Updated Pocket sign in flow. In the More tab > My Articles, scan the QR code and follow the steps to link your eReader with Pocket.

Updated Warranty and Certs.

Bug fixes:

Pass 2:
Updated certs
Fixed analytics bugs
Fixed slow page turn on Elipsa 2E

I didn’t know about this bug with usb. I think this might be why my Clara HD has been flaky every time I sideload to it. I’ll have to check tonight when I get home from work and see if going to the home page first helps.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release