Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2023, 10:08 PM   #31
julian67
julian67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD & Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
If you don't have a computer why have you wiFi?
Some people own these new fangled gizmos called smart tv, tablet, phone, home security, video doorbell, home automation and some other stuff too. Further info can be found by searching via AltaVista, Ask Jeeves, or Yahoo.
julian67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 04:19 AM   #32
Ghostcat
Enthusiast
Ghostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the husk

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Interesting. A quick test on my Sage and Clara HD required me to reboot before the screen would invert. Dark mode which just inverts text while reading worked as usual without a reboot.
Thanks for pointing me in this direction DNSB. My eyesight much prefers Invert Mode to Normal Mode. The only problem is that the screen occasionally flashes while page turning (firmware 4.32). I suspect it is something to do while screen refresh. Does this still occur in 4.37?
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2023, 07:06 AM   #33
julian67
julian67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD & Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcat View Post
... the screen occasionally flashes while page turning (firmware 4.32). I suspect it is something to do while screen refresh. Does this still occur in 4.37?
Yes, still happens.
julian67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:04 AM   #34
maxxam2023
maxxam2023 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
hi, I'm max,i'm new, I have a kobo forma and I noticed that with the previous update (2 weeks ago) the battery drains much faster (in 2 days) even without using it while before it lasted much longer (if I didn't use it too 1 month) I tried to update the firmware again (yesterday) but nothing changedHas this happened to any of you too?Solutions?I spoke in chat with support and they told me to restore but I wanted to talk to the more experienced first,Thanks
maxxam2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:58 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've installed 4.37.21586. I found one problem. The Reading List plugin did not recognize my Libra 2. I had to add it to the list of devices and remove the other Libra 2 entry.

Does anyone know why?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2023, 05:45 PM   #36
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've installed 4.37.21586. I found one problem. The Reading List plugin did not recognize my Libra 2. I had to add it to the list of devices and remove the other Libra 2 entry.

Does anyone know why?
According to this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Calibre stores an ID on the device the first time it sees it, and recognizes that device using that ID. If you reset the device, or more precisely delete the driveinfo file, the next time calibre connects it will create a new ID. The previous one is gone forever.
This was a bit of a problem back when my Aura HD was crapping itself and randomly resetting every so often, lol.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-13-2023 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Found more accurate information
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 02:36 AM   #37
maxxam2023

I'm trying to downgrade the firmware but I can't, I tried deleting from the .kobo folder (I have only 2 .conf files) the files but it is as if it never really erased the updated firmware, also because this update is really heavy and for the battery, I tried with only 2 books without reading or opening it an the battery's life is 48 hours.
Old 07-17-2023, 04:19 AM   #38
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...grade+firmware
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 02:52 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
According to this thread:

This was a bit of a problem back when my Aura HD was crapping itself and randomly resetting every so often, lol.
That is odd as I didn't remove the driveinfo file. But at least it's sorted.
Old 07-23-2023, 04:08 AM   #40
maxxam2023

i was able to do the downgrade correctly but nothing changed,at this point i think the battery is gone,i bought my kobo Forma in 2019 so it seems strange to me that it only lasts 4 years..i also spoke to the assistance again and they assured me that the update didn't cause any problems with the battery...What do you recommend to do?Just change the battery?Buy another one?Switch to Kindle?Thanks for the reply!
Old 07-23-2023, 05:51 AM   #41
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Change the battery or buy a Sage.
The battery life (actually a cell) is related to number of complete cycles (so heavy use), temperature, age and original purity/quality. So life for the same model of cell can be 2 to 10 years depending on all those.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 07:32 AM   #42
Pilier
Pilier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxam2023 View Post
i was able to do the downgrade correctly but nothing changed,at this point i think the battery is gone,i bought my kobo Forma in 2019 so it seems strange to me that it only lasts 4 years..i also spoke to the assistance again and they assured me that the update didn't cause any problems with the battery...What do you recommend to do?Just change the battery?Buy another one?Switch to Kindle?Thanks for the reply!
So I may not be alone.
Kobo forma with last update bought 2 years ago, now seems impossible to charge. In vacation so can not downgrade or anything.
I can boot it plugged to my iPad but it seems the battery stays at 0%…
Pilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 09:27 AM   #43
Hyperion
Hyperion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I saw some messages about fixes in prices in this and previous firmware (not in changelog), but for me the prices do not appear in buy buttons in wishlist (they appear in other listings like recent visited books). Am I alone?

Happening in Kobo Libra H2O
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:21 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Why are so many on the previous version when they are having problems?
Old 07-26-2023, 10:00 AM   #45
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Is the current version really a problem for the Forma as people have mentioned upthread?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release