Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-25-2023, 05:03 PM   #46
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I've had no problems with my Clara 2E.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
And now my bloody Sage has factory reset itself yet again, even after I scanned the drive and after babying it with the cable connections.

John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:21 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
And now my bloody Sage has factory reset itself yet again, even after I scanned the drive and after babying it with the cable connections.

Are you on 4.3721582 or 4.37.21586? You may wantt o upgrade if you are not on the latest 4.37.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2023, 10:38 AM   #48
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you on 4.3721582 or 4.37.21586? You may wantt o upgrade if you are not on the latest 4.37.
I'm on....586

John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 01:23 PM   #49
Odyssee
Connoisseur
Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Basic 11
The same with my Sage yesterday after an eject in Calibre. I had to re-install everything. My books were still on the Sage though. I am on 586.

Quote:

Odyssee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 02:35 PM   #50
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
No problem in the family here. Five Sages now. Most on 4.37.21586, but only updated from Calibre on Linux.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2023, 02:35 PM   #51
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssee View Post
The same with my Sage yesterday after an eject in Calibre. I had to re-install everything. My books were still on the Sage though. I am on 586.
It also happened to me in my Libra2 with the last firmware version.

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 03:27 PM   #52
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
And the last few messages are why the bug or bugs are being a bear to track down. Bugs that are repeatable (do a sequence of steps and the bug pops up every time) are easy compared to a bug that seemingly shows up at random.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 04:56 PM   #53
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
For what it matters, if it's anything similar to the bug early in 2022, restoring a backup of the DB ought to fix it without the loss of any books/reading history/etc.

I still haven't gotten any errors on my Libra H2O, despite doing a lot of frequent connections. (I think I'm using .21586 though.)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-26-2023 at 04:58 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 05:11 PM   #54
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The issue shows up with 4.37.21586 as well. My friend who had it happen semi-regularly says that the frequency dropped when moving from 4.37.21582 to 4.37.21586. The workaround for them was using a reboot from NickelMenu before each connect.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 05:55 PM   #55
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Considering how buggy Kobo firmware can be, there really ought to be a native option to decline firmware updates if you currently don't have any problems and don't want to risk the dodgy updates.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 10:29 PM   #56
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Considering how buggy Kobo firmware can be, there really ought to be a native option to decline firmware updates if you currently don't have any problems and don't want to risk the dodgy updates.
I don't think we've had a dodgy update with this one. I think it is more like a long standing bug that is in all previous versions and just hasn't been fully fixed yet.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 07:22 AM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone running 4.37.21586 is in the wrong thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=354942
Old 07-27-2023, 07:23 AM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

delete post

Tags
firmware, firmware release