Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2023, 05:30 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.37.21582

Firmware 4.37.21582 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 05:37 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Release notes Libra 2
Quote:
Store
  • Try our new Categories bubble to find new books
  • You can now filter your Wishlist by on-sale items

Miscellaneous
  • In Settings, we’ve increased the area you can tap to choose an option

Release notes Elipsa 2E
Quote:
Store
  • You can now filter your Wishlist by on-sale items

Miscellaneous
  • More ways to access your content with Google Drive
  • In Settings, we’ve increased the area you can tap to choose an option

Notebook
  • Discover more ways to make notes by using our new templates including musical sheet, calligraphy, and more
  • In Basic Notebooks, create proper shapes by drawing and holding your pen in place for a few seconds. For example, if you draw a circle, you can convert into a perfect circle
  • In Basic notebooks, use the new Lasso feature to move, delete, copy, resize, and convert your notes into typed text
  • You can now adjust line spacing in Advanced Notebooks
  • In Advanced Notebooks, you can now highlight text with the button on the stylus
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2023, 05:37 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My guess is bug fixes for the previous 4.37 firmware.

Only one patch that I have enabled from 4.37.21533 failed and it's one that's not all that important.
Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-05-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:43 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

delete popst
Old 07-05-2023, 05:50 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It must be a bug fix?
I can't see any difference in the notes. I'd not installed the prior one on original H2O, or Nia yet and not tested install on Libra. Small tests on Elipsa and Libra2. The Sage has been OK. All prior version.

I won't get round to install & test on anything till maybe the weekend.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2023, 05:52 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It must be a bug fix?
I can't see any difference in the notes. I'd not installed the prior one on original H2O, or Nia yet and not tested install on Libra. Small tests on Elipsa and Libra2. The Sage has been OK. All prior version.

I won't get round to install & test on anything till maybe the weekend.
I'll wait for the patches to be released unless my Libra 2 acts up or it's the weekend.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:14 PM   #7
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Patches are out.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 09:00 PM   #8
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Another firmware update out already? I hope it gets rid of the lag/slowdown I've been experiencing since updating to 4.37 last week.

Now that the patches are out I'll update. Thanks geek1011!
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 10:20 PM   #9
Citation4444
Citation4444 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook ERA, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-900
My Aura One was updated today via auto update, and now I can't get a USB connection to my PC to manage files. USB detects computer, but when I select connect it is not recognized by my computer. It does charge, however. This is a killer as I use Calibre to manage my books.
Citation4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 10:39 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The notes I have for 4.37.21582 are:
  • Fixed crash when scrolling within sub categories
  • Fixed crash when opening PDFs on Aura One
  • Kobo Plus reading stats fixes

So basically, a bug fix release.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 11:01 PM   #11
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
It also fixed the prices in the store not showing up on the wishlist or recommended books in the store someone else complained about in the other thread.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 05:01 AM   #12
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I keep hoping they'll fix the bunch of bugs I reported a month ago, but still no luck.
I also asked to join the beta team, but nobody contacted me yet. Maybe it's the the outdated device I'm using, I don't know.

Last edited by Colonel Cathcart; 07-06-2023 at 05:03 AM.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 01:37 PM   #13
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Firmware 4.37.21582 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
My Windows 11 virusscanner marked the Libra 2 zip-file as suspect after downloading. Another for my Aura 2nd ed v1 did not trigger anything. Might be a false-positive, but it cannot harm to report it still.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 01:47 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
My Windows 11 virusscanner marked the Libra 2 zip-file as suspect after downloading. Another for my Aura 2nd ed v1 did not trigger anything. Might be a false-positive, but it cannot harm to report it still.
What AV are you using? I'm using the one that comes with Windows 11 and I did not get flagged for the Libra 2 firmware.
Old 07-06-2023, 01:55 PM   #15
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I use the standard Windows 11 Pro virusscanner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-06 195348.png
Views:	111
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	202484  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release