Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-26-2023, 11:39 PM   #1
Hooseyfloot
Hooseyfloot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Help with FlightCrew validation error

Hi.

I export my epubs from InDesign and then do tidying in Sigil. My latest file is validating fine in pagina EPUB-Checker, but FlightCrew is giving me multiple slight variants on this error:

Error schema not satisfied: attribute 'lang' is not declared for element 'p' near column 53

I'm not well versed in the inner workings of epubs. Can anyone tell me how to fix this error?

I haven't had it before and I've been using Sigil to tidy InDesign exported epubs for years. (Recently upgraded to InDesign 2023)

Thanks!
Hooseyfloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:50 PM   #2
Hooseyfloot

I should add, too, that when I click on the error above, it takes me to a line with the syntax:

<p class="Endorsement-text-first-para" lang="en">

I have no idea what I'm doing, but to my untrained eye it looks like 'lang' is declared...
Advert
Old 01-27-2023, 01:30 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooseyfloot View Post
I should add, too, that when I click on the error above, it takes me to a line with the syntax:

<p class="Endorsement-text-first-para" lang="en">

I have no idea what I'm doing, but to my untrained eye it looks like 'lang' is declared...
FlightCrew is a very old validator that hasn't been updated in years. It also only supports EPUB2 books.

FYI: FlightCrew is looking for:

Code:
<p class="Endorsement-text-first-para" xml:lang="en">
You can ignore this error message.
  • You might want to export EPUB3 books from InDesign.
  • Unless you're working on a multilingual book, with paragraphs in languages other than English, that attribute is redundant and should be deleted from <p> tags and added to the <html> tag instead. For more information, see this DAISY recommendation.
  • Shameless plug: you might want to install my EpubCheck plugin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:38 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes Indeed! I will talk to DiapDealer about how we retire Flightcrew permanently.
Doitsu's EpubCheck plugin for Sigil is the way to go.

Last edited by KevinH; 01-27-2023 at 10:43 AM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:23 PM   #5
Hooseyfloot

Thanks Doitsu and KevinH - much appreciated. I shall install your plugin, Doitsu. And thanks for the work you do with Sigil, KevinH.
Advert

Tags
error, indesign, lang, sigil