Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2022, 01:19 AM   #61
gtim108
Enthusiast
gtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Is it only me or "Kobo Firmware Downloads" page doesn't show 4.35.20400 version anymore. Reverted back to the previous one (4.34.20097).
gtim108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 01:56 AM   #62
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtim108 View Post
Is it only me or "Kobo Firmware Downloads" page doesn't show 4.35.20400 version anymore. Reverted back to the previous one (4.34.20097).
Same here.
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2022, 02:22 AM   #63
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtim108 View Post
Yes, they appear to have reverted it. You can still download it through the "Other Versions" button, or "Versions" section, though.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:28 AM   #64
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Wait a sec... this might be a mistake on Kobo's end... 4.34.20097 is now the latest version for the Mini (on affiliates other than rakutenbooks) too!
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 05:36 AM   #65
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Ominous.
Also when did they start doing updates for the mini again?
Quote:
Kobo Mini kobo4 4.34.20097
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

I thought last Mini FW was December 2015
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2022, 06:04 AM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The question is, if Kobo pulled 4.35.20400, when will it be replaced?

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-16-2022 at 10:10 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 06:41 AM   #67
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The question is, if Kobo pulled 4.35.20400 , when will it be replaced?
And why?

It might be to do with adverts, or shop or privacy and not actually to do with reader or notes functionality.
Old 12-16-2022, 10:11 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
And why?

It might be to do with adverts, or shop or privacy and not actually to do with reader or notes functionality.
That is another good question.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 09:27 PM   #69
mzel
Connoisseur
mzel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
And why?

Because 4.35 is buggy. See my post on the previous page. Works after rolling back to 4.34
mzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 10:02 PM   #70
revjasper
Lunatic
revjasper began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch
Quote:
Ominous.
Also when did they start doing updates for the mini again?

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

I thought last Mini FW was December 2015
The Mini firmware was displayed with the current 4.34 number this morning, but it's back to 3.19 (January 2016) again now. Mine seems to work okay with the "Touch C" firmware, both being kobo4 devices.
revjasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 03:42 AM   #71
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzel View Post
Because 4.35 is buggy. See my post on the previous page. Works after rolling back to 4.34
Oh dear me! I upgraded to it the other day to try out my new kobopatch.yaml file. Not seen any problem yet, but will keep an eye out ready to roll back if need be.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:56 AM   #72
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Hmm. Buttons stopped working twice today. Sleep/wake fixes it, though using button sometimes it sleeps without sleep screen.
I've decided that some of the button issues are nothing to do with FW or buttons.
Sometimes when the Sage sleeps it doesn't show the Sleep screen. Sometimes when the sleep cover is folded back and you grip a bit more tightly the Sage sleeps and usually doesn't show the Sleep screen when triggered like this.
The button failure only happened when cover was on it. Once the "not working" buttons came to life after a refresh flash when the flap of the cover was let loose from the rear.
Old 12-17-2022, 08:36 AM   #73
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
I've decided that some of the button issues are nothing to do with FW or buttons.
Sometimes when the Sage sleeps it doesn't show the Sleep screen. Sometimes when the sleep cover is folded back and you grip a bit more tightly the Sage sleeps and usually doesn't show the Sleep screen when triggered like this.
The button failure only happened when cover was on it. Once the "not working" buttons came to life after a refresh flash when the flap of the cover was let loose from the rear.
I don't have a cover and still have non-responding buttons occasionally. I almost never see my Sage sleep without the screensaver, though. Perhaps once or twice.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:48 AM   #74
MedioPollo30
MedioPollo30 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
Probably an exaggeration, but after I updated everything went fine for a few days until I sideloaded three books, now I get the message which I fail to comprehend.

Can anyone of you geniuses out there explain what it means and what do I do??

Quote "calibre, version 6.9.0

WARNING: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported - See details

Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a Factory reset of your Kobo.

Discussion of any new Kobo firmware can be found in the Kobo forum at MobileRead. This is at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=223.

Device database version: 171.

Device firmware version: 4.35.20400"
unquote.

Perhaps I should ignore it and hope for the best, Anyhow the three books seem OK but what happens after I've read them I dread to think?

Cheers
Fixed with latest Calibre update

Enviado desde mi M2012K11AG mediante Tapatalk
MedioPollo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 09:34 AM   #75
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Yes, that's why I qualified it
Quote:
I've decided that some of the button issues
Mostly the Sage shows the sleepcover.

Tags
firmware, firmware release