Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2022, 11:56 AM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
[*]Sage: Reduce refreshes on Kobo Sage
Ooh, would that be a fix for the "segmented flashing refresh" issue introduced a few kernels ago? I'll have to check that out ;o).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:00 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
So far the this FW looks good on the Sage (page turns, Advanced notebook stuff), except the bug in the swipe down previous three opened books/notebooks is still there. The last added books, not opened, overwrite that.

Still, seems a big improvement.

I thought the Swipe down list is turned on/off in "Energy Saving and Privacy" Discovery Tab, but it's not, that is something turned off in "SideloadedMode=true".
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2022, 02:59 PM   #18
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Anyone can confirm if buttons are working reliable to turn pages in Sage after the update?

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 03:01 PM   #19
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
I'll take any Sage improvements they offer, thank-you very much.

Still wish they would consider adding My Words and Notebook syncing with the Android/iOS app, though. Vocab drilling would be so much easier on my phone.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:42 PM   #20
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Any improvement in the reading experience for Libra 2? Are page turns more snappy now?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2022, 05:45 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Any improvement in the reading experience for Libra 2? Are page turns more snappy now?
Page turns were good under 4.34. As long as they are no slower, I'll be happy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:30 PM   #22
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Page turns were good under 4.34. As long as they are no slower, I'll be happy.
Yes, but i was hoping Kobo would try to make it paperwhite 5 speed
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 11:35 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
Anyone can confirm if buttons are working reliable to turn pages in Sage after the update?

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
I haven't seen any issues with mine since I updated to 4.35.20400.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 11:37 PM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Ooh, would that be a fix for the "segmented flashing refresh" issue introduced a few kernels ago? I'll have to check that out ;o).
So far I haven't managed to get the weird mix of My Books and the book cover when opening a book with 4.35.20400 but that was a rather rare but annoying occurrence.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 04:59 AM   #25
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
Read for some hours and page turn is good.
Old 12-10-2022, 05:24 AM   #26
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Sadly I can see no good reason here to update my Libra 2 to this.
Apart from a spontaneous reboot about once a week, the previous one 4.34 seems to do the job, and there's no mention of curing the reboot
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:33 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Sadly I can see no good reason here to update my Libra 2 to this.
Apart from a spontaneous reboot about once a week, the previous one 4.34 seems to do the job, and there's no mention of curing the reboot
Nobody has mentioned 4.35.20400 rebooting. So why not give it a try? I plan to give it a try soon. I first have to sort out the patches.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 07:30 AM   #28
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Updated 3x Sage, 1x Elipsa & 1x Libra original here.
Later will update Nia, H2O original and another Sage. The Libra2 is awaiting warranty replacement.
Old 12-11-2022, 12:06 AM   #29
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
So far the this FW looks good on the Sage (page turns, Advanced notebook stuff), except the bug in the swipe down previous three opened books/notebooks is still there. The last added books, not opened, overwrite that.

Still, seems a big improvement.

I thought the Swipe down list is turned on/off in "Energy Saving and Privacy" Discovery Tab, but it's not, that is something turned off in "SideloadedMode=true".
I don’t believe it’s a bug just behavior we expect to be different than it is, and don’t get me wrong I agree with you that it should be the last three opened not merely the last loaded.

In order to be a bug it’s got to be unintentional behavior.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:52 AM   #30
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
In order to be a bug it’s got to be unintentional behavior.
I agree, but if this is working as intended then two taps to see My Books (my default is Reading, Recent) and a tap back or tap forward is better than a swipe, then tap forward or swipe back.

Tags
firmware, firmware release