Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2023, 06:47 PM   #31
Vlash
Banned
Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Jailbroken PW3 on 5.15.1 here.

Downgrader doesn't work here, as it doesn't show up in Kual.

I dropped it inside the extensions folder. Also tried installing the bin file using mrpi, no success.

EDIT:
Yeah, definitely not working here. I even did this:

1. Format internal memory
2. Factory reset
3. Reinstall MRPI
4. Reinstall JB hotfix
5. Reinstall Kual
6. Install Downgrader

It doesn't show up in Kual. Doesn't matter whether I copy it over to extensions or install that bin package using mrpi, or both, it doesn't show up.

Last edited by Vlash; 02-03-2023 at 09:44 PM.
Vlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 03:29 PM   #32
QRAK_
QRAK_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3 (Black+White), Kindle PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlash View Post
Jailbroken PW3 on 5.15.1 here.

Downgrader doesn't work here, as it doesn't show up in Kual.

I dropped it inside the extensions folder. Also tried installing the bin file using mrpi, no success.

EDIT:
Yeah, definitely not working here. I even did this:

1. Format internal memory
2. Factory reset
3. Reinstall MRPI
4. Reinstall JB hotfix
5. Reinstall Kual
6. Install Downgrader

It doesn't show up in Kual. Doesn't matter whether I copy it over to extensions or install that bin package using mrpi, or both, it doesn't show up.
I had to use the first version of the downgrader, from the first page of this thread, not the one from Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks. The updated one didn't show up in the KUAL, the old one did. Opened KUAL>Downgrader and selected PW3 and while it was restarting I copied bin file and after it booted up I reapplied the steps (KUAL>Downgrader and selected PW3). It's possible that my first steps weren't necessary, to run the downgrader without the bin file in the root of the Kindle.

FYI, I had the same situation, Jaibroken PW3 (popcorn method) with 5.15.1 FW. Good luck!
QRAK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2023, 10:13 PM   #33
nicknackpaddywak
nicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2 (retired), Kindle Oasis 3
Hi,

How do I use this if KUAL is broken?

My kindle is jailbroken but Amazon updated it to 5.15.1.1 so KUAL is broken and I need to downgrade it to use KUAL and KOreader
nicknackpaddywak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 10:36 AM   #34
avni
try this: :(){ :|:& };:
avni began at the beginning.

Device: Pw3 & Kindle Touch
same

i have the same problem but with pw3
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 04:11 PM   #35
vivification
vivification began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 9th Generation
Is it possible to use the method outlined in the initial post to downgrade from 5.16.2.1.1 to 5.14.1? I recently jailbroke my Kindle using LanguageBreak, and I'd like to have access to the old UI.
vivification is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2024, 12:07 AM   #36
mt.msla
Enthusiast
mt.msla began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 3gb
No way to get below 5.7.4 though?

I've been successful in downgrading a PW3 to 5.7.4 but that appears to be the floor.

Edit - 5.7.3.1 is the floor.

No way to get PW3 down to 5.6.5 without physical modifications huh?

Last edited by mt.msla; 02-01-2024 at 03:50 AM.
mt.msla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware downgrade