Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
ronlut
ronlut began at the beginning.

Device: none
eReader with phone book / contacts

Hello all.
I want to buy an eReader for my dad's birthday, but after I already settled on buying the Kindle 3, my dad challenged me.
He wants an eReader that will replace his need for a pocket pc, meaning he would have 2 options the Kindle don't have:
1. A phone book / contacts application where he can save all the names and phone numbers he needs.
2. An option to create "notes" but not as notes to a specific book, I mean notes as an independent option - for writing and saving information (not about books).

Is there a good eReader that have these 2 options? Of course the reader should have an e-ink screen.

Thanks, waiting for an answer.
ronlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
You can always create a word document with the contacts and send that to your Kindle. You just have to update it from time to time. I think there are notes applications for the Kindle, check Amazon.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
You can easily create a contact list on a PC and move it to a Kindle as an ebook. There are many ways to do this including Amazon's own service for converting formats like Word DOC and sending them to the Kindle over wireless, WiFi or 3G.

For simple note taking, you can simply create a trivial "book" and create the note there. Check out this blog post for a complete description and a "book" to download: http://www.edukindle.com/2010/09/not...r-ideas-handy/
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote