Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 10-12-2023, 12:57 PM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Tolino Vision 2 text mods?

Hi, I'm thinking about picking up a Vision 2. I will be using it only to read my own epubs (no DRM).

My question is, does thee firmware allow you to adjust font sizes, like most Kobo readers? Any other comments, good or bad, are most welcome! I'll be using this as a more portable option to my Kobo Libra H2O. Thanks!

Last edited by DrMoze; 10-15-2023 at 09:22 PM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 02:10 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Hi, I'm thinking about picking up a Vision 2. I will be using it only to read my own episodes (no DRM).

My question is, does thee firmware allow you to adjust font sizes, like most Kobo readers? Any other comments, good or bad, are most welcome! I'll be using this as a more portable option to my Kobo Libra H2O. Thanks!
Yes. Fewer size choices however. You can also install your own fonts. The Vision 2 is a nice reader.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 02:30 PM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the Vision 2 or the Kobo Glo. Any thoughts on which might be better? Water resistance is a plus, but not absolutely essential. They seem to be pretty similar from my very brief research so far

Last edited by DrMoze; 10-12-2023 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:07 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the Vision 2 or the Kobo Glo. Any thoughts on which might be better? Water resistance is a plus, but not absolutely essential. They seem to be pretty similar from my very brief research so far
The Vision 2 has the advantage of using an E-Carta screen instead of a Pearl one. The Vision is also "waterproof" (water resistant). The Vision has a flush screen (which may or may not be an advantage, depending on your point of view). The Vision 2 is two years newer, a bit lighter and (in my opinion) has a nicer screen with better lighting. I also like that the Tolinos have ADE built-in, but if you're not going to use DRM books that's a moot point. The Vision 2 also has a white on black screen. The Vision also has a "Tap-to-flip" feature that allows you to tap the back and the page will turn.

The advantages of Kobo Glo would be a familiar interface (mostly the same as the Libra 2), a microSD slot and more choices for font size and font thickness. (No font thickness setting for the Tolino.)

I had a Kobo Glo for a short while. I didn't really like the screen (which is the most important feature for me).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 09:25 PM   #5
DrMoze
Booknut

Thx again! I ordered the Vision 2. Water/splash resistance is a plus, as sometimes I read in the pool. Found it new on AliExpress (with case) for $55. I like the flush screen format too.

Tags
firmware, tolino, vision 2