Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-09-2023, 04:12 PM   #1
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Series not showing on Kobo device.

Hi, I've got a Kobo Libra, and am using Calibre to set my books' metadata. I have several books with which I've set the series name and index, but it isn't showing on the Kobo. Typically, the series info shows in the Books view between the title and author, as:

Code:
Title
Series - Index
Author
With an ebook modified months ago, this shows correctly but on Calibre 6.17 this doesn't seem to work for me. Curiously, the info shows when I check the metadata editor in Sigil, so I don't know if it's a weird Calibre issue, or a weird Kobo issue.

A few miscellaneous notes:
  • Using Calibre 6.17
  • In Calibre, I've done a "Polish" to add the metadata to the epub file.
  • I'm using the Kobo Touch Extended Driver plugin to convert the file to kepub as it sends to device.
  • See attachments for the data as entered in Calibre, and the metadata of the kepub on device as viewed in Sigil.
  • Kobo Libra has current firmware.

Is anyone else having these issues and/or know a solution? Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-09 155130.png
Views:	124
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	201473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-09 155103.png
Views:	84
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	201474  
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:15 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Just confirming: You've connected the device a second time after the initial import? Unless you use NickelSeries, second connect needed to import the series info.

Make sure automatic metadata sync is also enabled.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:59 PM   #3
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Just confirming: You've connected the device a second time after the initial import? Unless you use NickelSeries, second connect needed to import the series info.

Make sure automatic metadata sync is also enabled.
Do you mean just unplugging the device, plugging it back in again, and making sure the "On Device" column in calibre has a green check? Or do you mean sending it a second time? I've done both, still with no results.

To reiterate, the series name and index are present in the kebup file on device, so it seems to be sending to the device as it should, unless the Kobo needs to be pushed to recache it correctly?

And, which setting page is "automatic metadata sync" in?
Old 05-09-2023, 05:28 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
You just need to connect it after Kobo does the 'import...' process for the book. Don't need to send it a second time.

Preferences > Sending books to device > Metadata management dropdown.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 11:41 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
You just need to connect it after Kobo does the 'import...' process for the book. Don't need to send it a second time.
Unless you have Do not treat replacements as a new book checked on the Collections, covers and uploads tab of the KoboTouch/KoboTouchExtended driver configuration, sending the book a second time will cause a new database entry and that will require another connection to send the metadata including series info.

Also make sure you have Update metadata checked on the third configuration page for the driver and that in the main calibre preferences page under Sending books to device, Metadata management is set to automatic management.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 10:06 AM   #6
Vanguard3000
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Also make sure you have Update metadata checked on the third configuration page for the driver
I think that was it. The other options you and ownedbycats had mentioned were already set correctly. I must have missed the driver settings since I don't leave my device connected longer than it needs to send a book.

In any case, that's got the series info added to the device correctly. Thanks to you you both for the help!
Old 05-10-2023, 03:58 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Good to hear your issue is resolved.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, metadata, series, sigil