Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Need part # for a PRS-500 trim plate

Hi:

Can anybody confirm the part number / name for the left-side trim plate on the PRS-500 (the chrome strip with the power switch and memory door) is:

"266191401, PLATE (L), ORNAMENTAL" ?

The Sony website doesn't show a picture, so I want to be sure that it's the right part before ordering.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I found an old post with the same part number.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=75676&postcount=88

I haven't been able to find a picture either. I did find a supplier of the Sony parts in the USAhttp://www.unionel.com/website/customer_support.html, but they are out of stock.

I wonder if you could order one from the US repair center at lower cost than the Sony website?

Sony Consumer Direct Return Center
10227 Crossroads Loop, Suite R
Laredo, Texas 78045

Sony Style Customer Care at (877) 865-7669

I also found an old post with internal pics of the 500.. I thought there was a post by igorsk with 500 pics but wasn't able to find one.

Good luck. I hope some of this helped.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I found an old post with the same part number.
Doh! I should have thought to do a search before posting. Thanks very much!

I recently had to replace a scad of failed buttons on a Sony bookshelf stereo; the switches from Sony were only 1.33 USD each. Not sure why the trim part is so spendy but, as "mfyffe" observed in the post you found, "at least they sell it" :-)

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited by BobVA; 01-02-2010 at 12:42 PM.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote