Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
jpalamaro
jpalamaro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre3.33.1

If I have outstepped the boundaries of this site/forum, I'm sure someone will tell me and I will politely disengage. If however, this is a valid site/forum for this question, I respectfully ask:

I am attempting to load/enable deDRM and the KFX plug-ins into calibre.

I have 'dropped' both these zipped and unzipped downloads into the calibre configuration directory with no success, and they do not show up in the ADVANCED, PLUGINS (PUZZLE SHAPE) in any of the plugin categories and of course the message . . .

THIS BOOK IS LOCKED BY DRM message If I view the contents of the configuration directory I can see the folders I dropped in, with within this directory but continue to get another error ... top level py etc.

Macintosh MacBook Pro High Sierra 10.13.2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.11.55 PM.png
Views:	206
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	167376  

Last edited by jpalamaro; 11-01-2018 at 02:17 PM. Reason: addd info
jpalamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
For DRM removal, you need to ask for help at Apprentice Alf's blog.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
We are unable to help with explicit DRM removal instructions, here. We can however help you with installing calibre plugins. You don't do it by "placing" the zip files anywhere. You do it by manually installing the (still zipped) plugin via the "Load plugin from file" button (found after you click the puzzle shape from within calibre's preferences). Then just select the plugin's zip file from the standard file dialog.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
See the first post of the Introduction to Plugins thread for general instructions on installing plugins.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote