Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Orphan X - Gregg Hurwitz - Something similar but better

Recently I read Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz. Here's a link....

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40874079-orphan-x

I wanted something different to my usual Sci-Fi and Fantasy and this is a completely new genre for me.

I liked the premise, sort of reminded me a bit of the Jason Bourne movies. Secret agent, highly skilled, totally deniable, black ops, and all that jazz. Unfortunately, I thought it started out well and then rapidly went downhill.

So I'm after suggestions of something similar but, well, good.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why not try the next book? Maybe it will be better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #3
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
I enjoyed the Mark Midway series by John Hindmarsh.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #4
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why not try the next book? Maybe it will be better.
I thought about it but by the end of the first book I really wasn't impressed overall. Also, while doing a search here at MR for other suggestions I came across a thread in which someone else mentioned the series and thought it got worse and worse. That tipped the scales even further toward not bothering.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #5
PKFFW
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
Thanks, looks like it could be interesting.
Advert
Old 09-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
PKFFW
Wizard

I forgot to mention in the OP, I have read the original Bourne trilogy of books by Ludlum. For anyone who has read the rest of the Bourne series, by Van Lustbader, are they any good? Are they more like the movies in style, action, etc or more like the original three?
Old 09-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #7
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I never cared for Van Lustbader's Bourne books.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #8
bongorash
Enthusiast
bongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura 1, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
I have read all the Orphan X books and thought they got better, but all were excellent.
bongorash is offline   Reply With Quote