Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I prefer my Voyage’s screen to PW4’s, but if and when Amazon adds some form of Immersion Reading to the audiobook-capable Kindles, or Plain Old text-to-speech (in addition to VoiceView), I will use PW4 more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I'm amazed at the people who want some peculiar change to the Kindles and honestly think "everyone" wants it just because they do.
What part of what tomsem wrote made you think he thought everyone would want this feature? It looked to me like he was specifically speaking for himself. Immersion reading is important to him. He specifically wrote "if and when" PW4 gets immersion reading "I" (not "everyone") will use the PW4 more than the Voyage.

Why so sensitive about any perceived "slight" against Kindle? Every product can improve — although I agree with you about "immersive reading." It has no appeal to me (personally) either.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I'm amazed at the people who want some peculiar change to the Kindles and honestly think "everyone" wants it just because they do.
I'm amazed at the people who are amazed why other people have different needs and wants than they themselves have. A small child might wonder why people aren't each other's clones, but not an adult. Everyone wants different things and has always done so. If they didn't, we would probably still live in the jungle and go around on all fours.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #18
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I had 2 Voyages and bought 2 more refurb Voyages after using my sister's PW4 for an hour. You like what you like. I'm a firm believer in supplemental devices, but as JSWolf says, you need to occasionally use all of them or the battery will go bad from not being charged. I can't use the inverted mode, so not a game changer for me. Note: I have no personal experience with an Oasis, so not included in my comments.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:32 PM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I have no personal experience with an Oasis, so not included in my comments.
I haven't received my Oasis 3 yet, but as to the previous generation, my Voyage has darker text and lighter background than my Oasis 2, but its frontlight is splotchier and more uneven. The text on the Voyage looks like it's printed directly on the screen. In the dark, however, the Oasis looks better, because its light is more even.

That said, I still prefer the Oasis with its larger screen and real buttons. I actually consider selling my Voyage after I've received the Oasis 3.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:28 AM   #20
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
What I like about Kindles is that for the most part they have something for everyone. Even the basic kindle has improvements. My first Kindle coming from Nook, was the PW1. It was blotchy but I loved it at the time. I didn't know it was blotchy, only later when I got the PW3
did I know how bad it was. Lol. They are always improving kindles no matter if it's the least expensive to the most expensive. Now you can have models that are waterproof with lots more storage and audio. Also with Voyage and Oasis buttons and with the latest Oasis comfort lights . They do add things their customers want eventually. People buy the one that works best for their needs. There is no best one, only the one you like best.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #21
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
After using my son’s dad’s voyage for 2 months then getting the new paperwhite, I couldn’t tell the difference. They are the same to me :/
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:50 AM   #22
azt33
Connoisseur
azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I am keeping my Voyage as backup - it's definitely one of my favorite e-readers ever! I don't think I could every part with it, and even if I think the Oasis 3 comes close to it, it still doesn't feel like the Voyage. I am not sure how it fairs against the PW4, but I see why people hang on to their Voyage, no matter what improvements are made to the Paperwhite.
azt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:04 AM   #23
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by azt33 View Post
I am keeping my Voyage as backup - it's definitely one of my favorite e-readers ever! I don't think I could every part with it, and even if I think the Oasis 3 comes close to it, it still doesn't feel like the Voyage. I am not sure how it fairs against the PW4, but I see why people hang on to their Voyage, no matter what improvements are made to the Paperwhite.
I used to own a Voyage, then I sold it. I eventually ended up buying a PW4 and was happy with it. Until I bought a refurbished Voyage and put it next to my PW4. The whiteness and contrast of the Voyage was so much better than the PW4.

I've never seen an e-reader with better contrast than the Voyage. (Even though I'm now ready to read mostly on my Oasis 3 because of the bigger screen)
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:35 AM   #24
happysnapper22
Connoisseur
happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 & PW3
I have a PW3, wife has Voyage. In my opinion after side by side comparison the Voyage screen is better.

Last edited by happysnapper22; 10-13-2019 at 06:39 AM.
happysnapper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:44 PM   #25
Tomk2
Groupie
Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: none
Well, woot has refurbished used Voyages on sale now for $69. Soon I can make the comparison myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:04 AM   #26
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomk2 View Post
Well, woot has refurbished used Voyages on sale now for $69. Soon I can make the comparison myself.
If it's anything like the used Voyage I picked up at Shop Goodwill I think you're going to like it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paperwhite4, voyage, voyage vs paperwhite4