Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #8266
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
jim-butcher.com

New post on Jim's web page.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:27 PM   #8267
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
jim-butcher.com

New post on Jim's web page.

Thanks for posting. I had it preordered, but somehow never got the email that it got delivered.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #8268
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Multi-author anthology Parallel Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Thanks for posting. I had it preordered, but somehow never got the email that it got delivered.
Got my preorder on Monday and no email either.

Old 10-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #8269
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Where does Monsters fit in the timeline?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #8270
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where does Monsters fit in the timeline?
It doesn't say. Have not finished it yet, fell asleep reading part of it today. Definitely after Changes. My gut feeling so far is after Skin Game.
Advert
Old 10-23-2019, 09:33 PM   #8271
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

My reread and Monsters

Quote:
It doesn't say. Have not finished it yet, fell asleep reading part of it today. Definitely after Changes. My gut feeling so far is after Skin Game.
I've not even started the book yet and Monsters is the last story!

Just finished rereading Ghost Story so I only have two more Dresden Files books to reread.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:26 PM   #8272
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
I've not even started the book yet and Monsters is the last story!

Just finished rereading Ghost Story so I only have two more Dresden Files books to reread.

I did not start at the beginning. I doubt it matters what order the individual stories are in. Eventually I will get to the rest, but I was only willing to interrupt my current book for a very short time. Only long enough for Monsters.

I suggest you wait until after Skin Game to read Monsters.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 10-23-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:06 AM   #8273
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

My reread and Monsters

Quote:
I did not start at the beginning. I doubt it matters what order the individual stories are in. Eventually I will get to the rest, but I was only willing to interrupt my current book for a very short time. Only long enough for Monsters.

I suggest you wait until after Skin Game to read Monsters.
Thanks for the tip, I will do (I agree that it probably doesn't matter what order the individual stories are in) just that.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #8274
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Sorry, pre-order of...?

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #8275
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Sorry, pre-order of...?

Hitch
A new anthology of various authors called Parallel Worlds that contains a new short story by Butcher set in the Dresden universe called Monsters.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #8276
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Quote:
Sorry, pre-order of...?

Hitch
A new anthology of various authors called Parallel Worlds that contains a new short story by Butcher set in the Dresden universe called Monsters.
Yes. This one: Parallel Worlds (Amazon)
Old 10-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #8277
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks for the tip, I will do (I agree that it probably doesn't matter what order the individual stories are in) just that.

Maybe it doesn't matter to some, but I'd like to read the series in chronological order in case it does matter.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #8278
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Ah, okay, thanks. I have to admit, I'm not big on anthologies. But, I'm sure that those who are, are tickled pink by this. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:49 PM   #8279
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe it doesn't matter to some, but I'd like to read the series in chronological order in case it does matter.
As far as DResden Files is concerned, I am reading it in order, including the short stories. My ebook is a merged omnibus, novels and short stories both. Parallel Worlds is the anthology that is just a bunch of stories by different authors.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:53 PM   #8280
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Ah, okay, thanks. I have to admit, I'm not big on anthologies. But, I'm sure that those who are, are tickled pink by this. :-)

Hitch
Brief Cases just came out, so it might be a few regular novels until Jim Butcher releases his next anthology of Dresden-only short stories.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy