Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #361
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
try

Spoiler:
Code:
sickel reboot timeout (20 sec):
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: increases sickel reboot time if no ping from 10s to 20s
  - PatchGroup: sickel reboot timeout
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035BC, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 44 F6 20 61}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035CE, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 44 F6 20 61}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x00381A, FindH: 44 F6 20 61, ReplaceH: 49 F6 40 41}

sickel reboot timeout (30 sec):
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: increases sickel reboot time if no ping from 10s to 30s
  - PatchGroup: sickel reboot timeout
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035BC, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 47 F2 30 51}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035CE, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 47 F2 30 51}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x00381A, FindH: 44 F6 20 61, ReplaceH: 4E F6 60 21}
Thanks! Question: Do you know how to increase the timeout value? Say that I want to increase it to 180 seconds (or more). Is it a simple matter of adding 180 to the value in hex? Or is there a trick (like it being a multiple of something)?
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:55 PM   #362
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Force Kobo to stay in 1 of 4 orientations.(not just "portrait", but right-hand portra

Dear patchers (jackie & geek1011 & others),

I posted a few hours ago about a problem I have.
Forma always wakes/powers on with held-with-left-hand orientation. I hold my Kobo with my right hand.

Through Ratinox
, I discovered it had something to do with my inverting buttons (Previous & Next).

Dear developers/patchers, could you please create a patch where we can force the Kobo Forma into one of four orientations (regardless of Kobo's pitch axis):
1. handle on the right (for me, since I like to hold the Kobo with my right hand)
2. handle on the left
3. handle at the bottom (landscape)
4. handle at the top (bats, circus performers, and handstand-walkers would appreciate this orientation)

Last edited by droopy; 10-16-2019 at 02:49 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #363
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Thanks! Question: Do you know how to increase the timeout value? Say that I want to increase it to 180 seconds (or more). Is it a simple matter of adding 180 to the value in hex? Or is there a trick (like it being a multiple of something)?
Yes, that's probably simple enough, as the current values are way below the limit, assuming they use 32-bit integers. I'll look into it next week.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:37 AM   #364
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
reducing navigating menu and increasing miniature pages

I would like the bottom menu when navigating pages to be shorter (I think 2/3rd or perhaps half would be sufficient), and increasing correspondingly the size of the miniature pages, if it is not too complicated to implement.

I think all the bottom "developed" menus too high anyway (look at the unnecessary white space top and bottom of the "reading progression" for instance), but it only bothers me when it reduces the space available for the miniature pages. I find them very useful when restarting a book after a while to remind me what it is about without rereading from page one, or paging through the London Review of Books, to see which articles I'll skip and which I'll read, but it would be more comfortable with bigger miniatures.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:49 AM   #365
KJB
KJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Using a Kobo Clara HD and have a question. I am not using the patches yet, but am interested in it's possibilities. When tapping to show the in-book menues, the page navigation scrubber appears first, which I hardly ever use. What I more frequently use is the menu to change the font size. Any way to make this menu appear first instead of the page navigation?

(Fw. 4.18.13737)
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:37 PM   #366
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJB View Post
Using a Kobo Clara HD and have a question. I am not using the patches yet, but am interested in it's possibilities. When tapping to show the in-book menues, the page navigation scrubber appears first, which I hardly ever use. What I more frequently use is the menu to change the font size. Any way to make this menu appear first instead of the page navigation?

(Fw. 4.18.13737)
I have an H2O and when I tap the middle of the screen, I get both the top and bottom menus and that icludes Aa in both ePub and KePub. I'm running 4.18.x.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #367
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
In previous FW versions (on the Clara), if you last had the Aa menu open, the next time you tapped the middle of the book page to go to the menus the Aa menu would still be open. That is, the last open menu would "stick". It took just one tap to get there. This worked for the fonts menu and for the reading progress menu. It was very handy.

The menus no longer "stick" in the current version.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:15 PM   #368
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have an H2O and when I tap the middle of the screen, I get both the top and bottom menus and that icludes Aa in both ePub and KePub. I'm running 4.18.x.
Yes Jon that’s the experience being described by KJB the behavior they are asking for is for the font controls to come up right away rather than being an extra tap.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:35 PM   #369
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJB View Post

(Fw. 4.18.13737)
And could it be made an option so that the stats popup is displayed.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #370
dragonkore
dragonkore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Request: A way to display the chapter progress with a single tap, either X/Y pages, or time estimate.

Before the UI updates, I would have the header and footer hidden and then tap to bring up the menu every now and then when I wanted to see how far along I was in the chapter. I like to know how long a chapter is before I begin because I don't like to start a chapter if I know I won't have time to finish it, or if I'm nearing the end of my lunch break I can finish quickly if I see I only have a few pages left.

Now that chapter progress section has been replaced by a book page count instead, and to get chapter pages I have to go to Reading Stats which takes two extra taps, or show the chapter heading which takes up real estate and distracts me.

Why, Kobo, why?
dragonkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:42 PM   #371
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkore View Post
Request: A way to display the chapter progress with a single tap, either X/Y pages, or time estimate.

Before the UI updates, I would have the header and footer hidden and then tap to bring up the menu every now and then when I wanted to see how far along I was in the chapter. I like to know how long a chapter is before I begin because I don't like to start a chapter if I know I won't have time to finish it, or if I'm nearing the end of my lunch break I can finish quickly if I see I only have a few pages left.

Now that chapter progress section has been replaced by a book page count instead, and to get chapter pages I have to go to Reading Stats which takes two extra taps, or show the chapter heading which takes up real estate and distracts me.

Why, Kobo, why?
There is a bug in the 4.18 firmware with the KePub stats. The stats are updated and correct when you first load a book but after that, the stats do not update until you reload the eBook.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #372
LzFm
LzFm began at the beginning.

Device: Forma | Aura H2O
Smile Option to rotate home page and screensaver to landscape

Hi everyone. I've been trying to find a patch to rotate the home and screensaver pages when view option is set to landscape.I'm not sure if there's an existing one for that. If there is, could you post the link here please?

And if there isn't such a patch developed yet, hopefully, one could be created soon. Thanks!

Last edited by LzFm; 10-20-2019 at 12:38 PM.
LzFm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:12 PM   #373
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LzFm View Post
Hi everyone. I've been trying to find a patch to rotate the home and screensaver pages when view option is set to landscape.I'm not sure if there's an existing one for that. If there is, could you post the link here please?

And if there isn't such a patch developed yet, hopefully, one could be created soon. Thanks!
Have you tried the patch to allow rotation with 4.18? I don't know if it works as you want as I do not (at present) have it installed.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:47 PM   #374
LzFm
LzFm began at the beginning.

Device: Forma | Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you tried the patch to allow rotation with 4.18? I don't know if it works as you want as I do not (at present) have it installed.
Yes, it works! This is awesome. Thanks for your help, JSWolf!
LzFm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #375
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LzFm View Post
Yes, it works! This is awesome. Thanks for your help, JSWolf!
Happy to help.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests