Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #256
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Kindle Paperwhite – Now Waterproof with 2x the Storage – Includes Special Offers - $89.99 ($40, 31% off)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CXG6C9W
That's the 8 gig BUT the 32 gig remains the same https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=mr060-20&th=1
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #257
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
That's the 8 gig BUT the 32 gig remains the same https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=mr060-20&th=1
32GB is on sale for me ($115).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:31 PM   #258
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
32GB is on sale for me ($115).
Where is your location?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #259
tch65721
Groupie
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Where is your location?
I see "join prime to save $XX on this item". So prime only.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:45 PM   #260
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Amazon -- limited time
Quote:
These are new models with introductory pricing. Included in this pricing is a free Echo Dot 3.
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    This Is Tile

Finding made easy
    Our Bluetooth-enabled devices and handy Tile app make everything findable

Ring your things
    Use the Tile app to ring your Tile if it's nearby. Just tap the ‘Find’ button

Find your phone
    Double press the Tile button on your Tile to make your phone ring, even when it’s on silent

See it on a map
    When you're far away, you'll see the last time and place it was updated

Use community find
    If your Tile is truly lost, just activate the Tile community and every phone running the Tile app can help you find it

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-09-2019 at 09:41 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #261
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon -- limited time
Warning for the Tile Sticker, battery is not user replaceable. It's 3 years battery life then you need to buy a new one.

The latest version of Tile Mate and Pro have replaceable batteries (CR1632 and CR2032).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:34 PM   #262
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Warning for the Tile Sticker, battery is not user replaceable. It's 3 years battery life then you need to buy a new one.

The latest version of Tile Mate and Pro have replaceable batteries (CR1632 and CR2032).
Thanks. I should've checked the other two models to see if they had the same deal. Anyway, I've edited my post to include them.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:39 AM   #263
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, 8 & 10, Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
Alexa-enabled Ultimate Ears Blast @ lowest price of $64.99 with free shipping

at Dell.com in Steel Blue and Graphite.

I have both these colors and they sound GREAT, love them. Very responsive to Alexa voice commands. I think they are missing some "advanced" Alexa features like Drop-in and phone calls but I only use mine for Amazon Music, Pandora and Audible so don't care about those features. Waterproof, bluetooth works great and fits in a cup-holder for use in the car or on a bike. HUGE plus and minus icons control volume, press both together to hear how much battery is left. Set them up with the UE Blast app (which sports an Equalizer), log into your Amazon account then control them like you would a Dot or Echo.

Micro-USB charging can be awkward as port is on the bottom of the speaker and covered with a stiff flap (because... waterproof) so I highly recommend the Power Up Charging Dock currently $19.95 on eBay which replaces the ring on the bottom of the speaker with a metal one that connects with the contacts on the attractive (to me) white dock so the speaker stays on and listening for Alexa commands instead of turning off after 15 minutes of inactivity. Note: Ultimate Ears is a Logitech company.

I also own the Alexa-enabled Harman Kardon Allure portable speaker which goes on sale at Dell.com occasionally for around $70 but it's currently $200!!!. It comes with a charging dock and sounds really nice, as you would expect from HK. I appreciate the portability of these vs. plugged-in Dot and Echo style.

ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #264
FrustratedReader
Busy elsewhere
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Alexa is spyware. You can get better sounding speakers without such.
Also these all have fake bass responses.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #265
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Alexa is spyware. You can get better sounding speakers without such.
Also these all have fake bass responses.
I'm not bothered by it. What I like about my Echos is that they play my music and audiobooks with simple voice commands. Plus, they produce all the sound I want and need. That makes them a fantastic all-in-one product.

I used to be an audiophile, but I gave it up years ago. I have two Echo Dot 3s hooked up as a stereo pair and I'm very pleased with the sound and volume. I also have an Echo Show 5 that makes a great clock radio for the nightstand. Again, the sound and volume satisfy my wants and needs.

So to Amazon for creating the Echos

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-10-2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: egregious typo
Old 10-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #266
cc_in_oh
Addict
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm not bothered by it. What I like about my Echos is that they play my music and audiobooks with simple voice commands. Plus, they produce all the sound I want and need. That makes them a fantastic all-in-one product.

I used to be an audiophile, but I gave it up years ago. I have two Echo Dot 3s hooked up as a stereo pair and I'm very pleased with the sound and volume. I also have an Echo Show 5 that makes a great cock radio for the nightstand. Again, the sound and volume satisfy my wants and needs.

So to Amazon for creating the Echos
A cock radio might be interesting - I hope it goes off at dawn and sound like a rooster because I'd rather not think about the other possibility...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #267
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2, Paperwhite 2019
Quote:
I also have an Echo Show 5 that makes a great cock radio for the nightstand.
Amazon really needs to advertise this.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #268
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
A cock radio might be interesting - I hope it goes off at dawn and sound like a rooster because I'd rather not think about the other possibility...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Amazon really needs to advertise this.
...I need to hire me a proof reader.