Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-27-2019, 06:33 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Nook Glowlight 3 — $99

Currently on sale for some reason.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/nook/_/N-1pbl
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's the old design. Silly over large bezel. Not nice to hold.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How much time have you spent reading on one? I have one in my house and my better half loves it. Partly because the 'silly over large bezel' makes it 'nice to hold.'
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:45 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I can't speak for this current model, but I used to own the first one and it was the most comfortable ebook reader I've ever held DUE to the large bezel and the sloping back.

So, if this current model is like that first model, then I've expressed my opinion.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:11 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
How much time have you spent reading on one? I have one in my house and my better half loves it. Partly because the 'silly over large bezel' makes it 'nice to hold.'
I have the nook ST and it's a poor design. Also, as said in another thread, the software for the nook Glowlight 3 is buggy. The way B&N release new firmware, it may never be updated.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Opinion noted... and noted... and noted... and noted... and noted... You don't like comfortably large bezels with easy to use page turn buttons. We get it.

But don't you think it's a matter of taste?
Old 09-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Opinion noted... and noted... and noted... and noted... and noted... You don't like comfortably large bezels with easy to use page turn buttons. We get it.

But don't you think it's a matter of taste?
Are the buttons easier to press then on the nook ST?

I don't like the design because I think it's not optimal. It's not comfortable to hold. It just makes there a need for an overly large case.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:46 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Are the buttons easier to press then on the nook ST?

I don't like the design because I think it's not optimal. It's not comfortable to hold. It just makes there a need for an overly large case.
But that's called opinion or personal taste. Some folks love the buttons and wide bezels. Personally I think choice is a good thing. So far my favorite feature on a used Kindle Voyage I found on Shop Goodwill are the page turn buttons. But I found it hard to hold (without a case) because the bezels were too thin. Now I've found a nice (unfortunately purple) leather-like case for it and I'm going to like it a lot more. (I still like the Tolino Vision 4 best.)
Old 09-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The nook ST has terrible buttons. They are harder to press then they should be.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:32 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
The nook ST has terrible buttons. They are harder to press then they should be.
Basically agree on this. The keys are a lot different on the Glowlight 3 and new Glowlight Plus (7.8"). I didn't have any trouble with the keys on the ST when I first bought it, but they've gotten touchier as they aged. And now the original ST's rubber coating is "tacky." My ST w/Glowlight isn't tacky (yet). So I'm more tempted to just use the touch screen on the original ST (though I still occasionally use the buttons when I'm in "auto" mode).