Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Romantic One
Banned
Romantic One has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Romantic One has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Romantic One has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Can I send my docutments to the kindle so I can proof them at work?

I am working all the time and proof reading seems to be a problem. Can I send just a word document to my kindle so that I can proof read while I am at my part time job?
Romantic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
swede
swede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Intl
Yes, you can mail to your kindle, or transfer the document (have to be converted);

for mailing se:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...261965&sr=1-10

for converting i guess Calibre (google a bit) is best
swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can either email it to your Kindle using the @kindle.com email addy ($.15 per megabyte) or use the @free.kindle email address to have a converted file emailed back to you so you can load via USB (free).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
The Kindle isn't really the most efficient format for proofreading. You either have to make annotations or highlights. I guess it's possible, but it isn't as efficient as actually editing a document.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Romantic One
Banned
Romantic One has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Romantic One has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Romantic One has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the info guys. I don't want to make the changes on the kindle I just want to be able to proof it while at work and make the changes later.
Romantic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert