Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
BookStalker
BookStalker began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Tirwal and the V3+

Hi there!

I'm fairly new to this world and now I seen the modified firmware...
Now as far as I read around the modified Tirwal works in the V3 but I acquired a V3+.
The main difference, reading the specs, was the new monitor controller... long story short what I'm asking is the Tirwal firmware works with the V3+?

And the other mods works with V3+?
BookStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
No, none. It is more like the V5 than a V3. It has a new screen controller and there is on open firmware that includes this yet. The lBook firmware might give you some differences in behavior as they do their own firmware.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 AM   #3
grega_g
grega_g began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
what is v3+? Is that a 512mb version of V3? I own 512mb version (i think it is called v3ext on openinkpot site) and I can use openinkpot.

Does Triwal work on my version?

tnx
grega_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
v3ext is the same as v3 but with more memory.

v3 32mb usb1.0 200mhz processor 4 levels gray scale (The original Device)

v3ext 512mb usb1.1 200mhz 4 levels gray scale (The is 2nd generation it is called v3ext to differentiate) uses the same firmware

v3+ 512mb usb2.0 400mhz processor 16 levels of grayscale (Is the latest version apart from the size and shape is completly new device)
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
v3ext is the same as v3 but with more memory.

v3 32mb usb1.0 200mhz processor 4 levels gray scale (The original Device)

v3ext 512mb usb1.1 200mhz 4 levels gray scale (The is 2nd generation it is called v3ext to differentiate) uses the same firmware

v3+ 512mb usb2.0 400mhz processor 16 levels of grayscale (Is the latest version apart from the size and shape is completly new device)
The Hanlin V3plus is covered in our wiki. It will require new firmware to work and the older Tirwal will not, at least not yet. The 16 level grayscale is an indicator that it has the new Epson controller, similar to the Hanlin V5 although the 16 vs. 8 level means that they are not the same firmware either. Another difference is the plus has 64 Megabyte of SDRam meaning it is likely to be faster rendering and handle larger images, etc. This is a buffer memory, nothing is permanently stored there.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert