Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not automatically
I supposed ...

This mean that a looong job wait me, to copy and past all manually
Thanks.
.... and in the future?.....

Or there is some tip of a db program that can manage as the calibre db or xml files format?

Last edited by grepario; 04-21-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #257
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb part of calibre
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #258
grepario
grepario doesn't littergrepario doesn't littergrepario doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibredb part of calibre
... but not is one executable program by itself... is a line command program...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #259
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not quite sure what you are trying to sasy? Calibredb is a program that can be called from the command line to manipulate the calibre database.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #260
grepario
grepario doesn't littergrepario doesn't littergrepario doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Not quite sure what you are trying to sasy? Calibredb is a program that can be called from the command line to manipulate the calibre database.

but If I go in to the program directory and click on the file calibredb.exe a cli window open shortly and close. No graphic interface...
Not is simple edit a command line, is not for me and my broblem, thanks

Last edited by grepario; 04-21-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #261
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by grepario View Post
but If I go in to the program directory and click on the file calibredb.exe a cli window open shortly and close. No graphic interface...
Not is simple edit a command line, is not for me and my broblem, thanks
Yo CAN NOT just click on Calibredb

You most open a Command Prompt (Also called DOS Prompt in Windows).
You get a Black window. C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name here]>

Type
Code:
calibredb /?
(help that takes more than a screen) I suggest you print the command line section from the online users guide

Linux calls the window a "Terminal"
Works basically the the same way. File name slashes go the other way "/"
Old 05-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #262
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Calibre 0.6.42

I did my best to check the entire thread before posting, but I'm having an issue with the Create Catalog function. It has to do with the "format" field (with any type of output). Sometimes it just puts "lit,mobi,epub..etc" and sometimes it puts the entire file path. This example is the CSV export:

Code:
authors,formats,id,series,series_index,title
"Joe Haldeman","lit, mobi","2","","1.0","The Accidental Time Machine"
"Robert B. Parker"," Parker/Appaloosa (3)/Appaloosa - Robert B. Parker.lit,  Parker/Appaloosa (3)/Appaloosa - Robert B. Parker.mobi","3","","1.0","Appaloosa"
"Gregory Benford","lit, mobi","4","","1.0","Beyond infinity"
"Greg Keyes","lit, mobi","5","Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone","3.0","The Blood Knight"
"Greg Keyes","lit, mobi","6","Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone","4.0","The Born Queen"
"Greg Keyes","lit, mobi","7","Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone","1.0","The Briar King"
"Greg Keyes","lit, mobi","8","Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone","2.0","The Charnel Prince"
"Greg Bear","lit, mobi","9","","1.0","City at the End of Time"
"George R. R. Martin"," R. Martin/A Clash of Kings (10)/A Clash of Kings - George R. R. Martin.lit,  R. Martin/A Clash of Kings (10)/A Clash of Kings - George R. R. Martin.mobi","10","A Song of Ice and Fire","2.0","A Clash of Kings"
"Greg Bear","lit, mobi","11","","1.0","Darwin's Children"
"Greg Bear","lit, mobi","12","","1.0","Darwin's Radio"
"David Gunn","lit, mobi","13","Death's Head","1.0","Death's Head"
"David Gunn","lit, mobi","14","Death's Head","2.0","Death's Head Maximum Offense"
"Peter F. Hamilton"," Hamilton/The Dreaming Void (15)/The Dreaming Void - Peter F. Hamilton.lit,  Hamilton/The Dreaming Void (15)/The Dreaming Void - Peter F. Hamilton.mobi","15","The Void Trilogy","1.0","The Dreaming Void"
"Lee Child","lit, mobi","16","Jack Reacher","1.0","Echo Burning"
"Adam-Troy Castro","lit, mobi","17","Andrea Cort Novels","1.0","Emissaries From the Dead"
"George R. R. Martin"," R. Martin/A Feast for Crows (18)/A Feast for Crows - George R. R. Martin.lit,  R. Martin/A Feast for Crows (18)/A Feast for Crows - George R. R. Martin.mobi","18","A Song of Ice and Fire","4.0","A Feast for Crows"
A quick glance will reveal that author's names that consist of more than two words causes it to spit out the full pathname instead of only the format.

Has this been addressed in a newer release?
If this is the wrong place, kindly point me to where this type of bug is being tracked.

Thanks,
Old 05-30-2010, 05:14 AM   #263
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
@DiapDealer, try updating to a more recent version, I believe this bug was fixed some time ago.

G
Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #264
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You're right GRiker. Somewhere along the road from 0.6.42 to 0.6.55 the issue did indeed get resolved.

Thanks,
Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #265
moonka
moonka began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hi,

I can't seem to get books to show up as read in my catalog. I've included the details from my generate jobs. I have this issue whether I do it for the whole library (543 books) or 3 (the sample below). One book has no tags, one has the tag "amzn", and one has the tag "+" (without quote marks). Didn't see anything in the thread regarding this. The genres section only contains the "amzn" one.

Spoiler:

Generate catalog
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating mobi for kindle in GUI environment
book count: 3
Sections: Descriptions, Authors, Titles, Genres
opts:
authorClip: 60
catalog_title: My Books
connected_kindle: False
descriptionClip: 100
exclude_genre: \[[\w]*\]
exclude_tags: Catalog
note_tag: *
numbers_as_text: False
read_tag: +
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: False
Begin catalog source generation
3 genre tags in database (excluding genres matching \[[\w]*\]):
Amzn, Catalog, Sequel
Genre summary: 1 active genre tags used in generating catalog with 3 titles
Amzn: 1 title
Completed catalog source generation

InputFormatPlugin: HTML Input running
on c:\users\moonka\appdata\local\temp\calibre_0.6.55_ chn02e_epub_mobi_catalog\Catalog.opf
Parsing all content...
Manifest item 'images/thumbnail_default.jpg' not found
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Creating MOBI Output...
Applying case-transforming CSS...
Rasterizing SVG images...
Converting XHTML to Mobipocket markup...
Serializing markup content...
Compressing markup content...
MOBI periodical specified, evaluating TOC for periodical conformance ...
TOC structure conforms
Generating structured CTOC ...
CNCX utilization: 1 record, 1% full
Indexing navPoints ...
Generating INDX ...
Serializing images...
MOBI output written to c:\users\moonka\appdata\local\temp\calibre_0.6.55_ cw748i_catalog_out.mobi
Old 06-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #266
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@moonka:
When you say that you can't see the books shown as read in your catalog, what are you looking for? You should see a check mark in front of the book title in the 'Titles' section, and in the Descriptions Section (the page with the thumbnail of the cover), just before the author's name.

G
Old 06-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #267
moonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@moonka:
When you say that you can't see the books shown as read in your catalog, what are you looking for? You should see a check mark in front of the book title in the 'Titles' section, and in the Descriptions Section (the page with the thumbnail of the cover), just before the author's name.

G
There is no checkmark. Just an empty box everywhere.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #268
GRiker

@moonka:
What version of the kindle firmware do have installed?

Do you have an alternate font installed, or is your kindle firmware modified in any way? For example, screensaver hack, etc?

G
Old 06-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #269
moonka

I've been looking at it using the Kindle for PC app. I have a kindle 1 and the firmware is 1.3 but I haven't put the catalog on there yet. I do have some custom screen savers on there but I don't have any other hack installed.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #270
GRiker

@moonka:
that would explain the empty box, the catalog is optimized for the font built into the kindle, and apparently amazon doesn't use the same font in the PC app.
I'll add something to the catalog overview to explain that the PC app doesn't show the read symbol correctly. Thanks for bringing this up.

G
Closed Thread

Tags
book catalog