Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
Mr.Hughes
Mr.Hughes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 & IPhone & Dell Mini 10v (running snow leopard))
Hello from Wales, UK

Hi there,
Im new to the forums, but not ebooks, been reading them on various devices over the years, starting with a packard bell pda and now using a PRS 600. Still occasionally use stanza on my iphone to read but I wouldnt be without my sony reader, especially for work as I put all my technical specs and docs on there so i have them to hand when Im out and about! Ive had my PRS 600 about a month, and its great, although it was hard going from a backlit screen to not having one! but improved battery and size soon won me over.

Cant belive i havent found these forums sooner, its great site, already found it extremely helpful! Thanks.
Mr.Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Mr.Hughes

btw, whats everyone reading at the minute?
Im currently reading robert jordan's wheel of time series, im on book 9 - winters heart. A great series, i never thought id find a series i liked more than fiests Riftwar cycle, but i did!
Anyone have any recommendations for a good fantasy series? (One book isnt enough for me, i usually go for long series of books so they last longer!)
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Mr.Hughes and welcome to MobileRead. I started eReading on an iPaq ten years ago but, once I got my hands on an eInk device, I was hooked.

I'm currently reading Under the Dome by Steven King. If you want to get into 'what are you reading discussions', try our Reading Recommendations section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Last edited by MickeyC; 01-10-2010 at 02:27 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR! Glad you're enjoying your 600 I find eInk much nicer to read on for any length of time
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hughes View Post
Hi there,
Im new to the forums, but not ebooks, been reading them on various devices over the years, starting with a packard bell pda and now using a PRS 600. Still occasionally use stanza on my iphone to read but I wouldnt be without my sony reader, especially for work as I put all my technical specs and docs on there so i have them to hand when Im out and about! Ive had my PRS 600 about a month, and its great, although it was hard going from a backlit screen to not having one! but improved battery and size soon won me over.

Cant belive i havent found these forums sooner, its great site, already found it extremely helpful! Thanks.
Welcome to the zoo.

The first PC I bought was a Packard Bell running Windows 3.1. It had two meg of RAM. When I updated to 18 meg, I thought I really had something amazing!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome to MR glad to see more representation from the homeland of Dylan Thomas.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Hello and Welcome to MobileRead.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hughes View Post
btw, whats everyone reading at the minute?
Im currently reading robert jordan's wheel of time series, im on book 9 - winters heart. A great series, i never thought id find a series i liked more than fiests Riftwar cycle, but i did!
Anyone have any recommendations for a good fantasy series? (One book isnt enough for me, i usually go for long series of books so they last longer!)
Welcome to MobileRead, Mr. Hughes.

Heres a thread you might enjoy:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10108

Does your local library stock a good selection of ebooks? I'm told its very easy to sideload epub or pdf's on your Sony.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:07 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company Mr Hughes. The Welsh side of my family share your name. Maybe we're related. If you want to put up and read book recommendations, by the way, there's a lively thread running in the forums called 'Let's get some action going ...' I've never been disappointed by following advice from the folks who post there. It's become like a wee club within a club. Iechyd da. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
Mr.Hughes

thanks everyone, thanks for the recommendations forum link, gonna sit down with a cup of tea and wade through it later and see if I can find something good to read.

WT Sharpe> Good ol' windows 3.1, back then I thought 8meg was an enormous ammount of ram, who'd have thought my mobile would have more power behind it than my first pc!

Desertgrandma> unfortunatly the local library doesnt have ebooks at the minute, i think support for that is a bit slow in the UK which is sad, as its obviously the future, dont get me wrong I still love print, but its much more convenient on a ereader.

neil> maybe we are related, who knows hughes is a common name in wales

thanks for the welcome everyone!