Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Forgotten Password?

I am always logged in. I thot this was normal, like Netflix, so perhaps I clicked the "remember me" button when I first started.

The problem isn't being logged in at all times. Don't have a problem with that on my home computer. The problem is that I decided I also wanted to access Mobileread on my laptop.

But due to always being logged in, I have forgotten my password. FAQ sez I should just click the "forgotten password" link to have my password sent to my email, but I see no "forgotten password" link ANYWHERE.

I go to the initial Mobileread home page with my laptop, and no "forgotten password" link. I go to the "Edit Username & Password" page in the User CP, and no "forgotten password" link.

I sent an email requesting clarification, and haven't received an answer, so I figured maybe posting here might get some info. I have searched for "forgotten password" and found nothing, so I figure it should be safe to start a (short-lived, I'm sure) thread.

Thanks for any help. Meanwhile, I'll just keep trying possible passwords 5 at a time every so often.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
The "forgot password" option is shown after trying to login with an invalid username/password combination. Anyway, you will find it here...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
How embarrassing (but I'm not going to admit it).

Yeah, I went and tried to log in again and got the same long, wordy message box I had gotten every other time. Because you specifically told me, I read it really really carefully, and finally spotted the innocuous "click here" link at the end.

I had been reading the first line "you have entered an invalid...", then jumped to the second paragraph telling me I only had 4 more chances.

Thanks for the rapid response.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
How embarrassing (but I'm not going to admit it).
No, it's not embarassing. It's unfortunately not quite obvious where to find the "forgot password feature". To be honest with you, i had to look for it first before i was able to respond to your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Thanks for the rapid response.
You are welcome.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote