Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Books on Board - Gift Certificate Rewards, double your money

If you buy a $30 gift certificate from Books on Board by midnight on Sunday (14 June) you'll get $30 back in reward dollars, and if you buy a $60 gift certificate you get $60 reward dollars.

Click here for more information.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
duskdawns
Enthusiast
duskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Do you know if this ($30 reward dollars + $30 gift certificate value) can be applied to one purchase transaction worth $60? Or do you have to use the $30 reward dollars separately from redeeming the $30 gift certificate?
duskdawns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by duskdawns View Post
Do you know if this ($30 reward dollars + $30 gift certificate value) can be applied to one purchase transaction worth $60? Or do you have to use the $30 reward dollars separately from redeeming the $30 gift certificate?
Excellent. I've got enough ebooks for a few months but I'll get a $30 one for later.
duskdawns, When you buy the $30 gift certificate you email the receipt and get $30 rewards added onto your account. Once you have got the $60 in total you pay half with gift certificate and half with rewards just the same as if you were paying partly with paypal or a credit card and partly with rewards.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I got this in my email and I'm taking advantage too. I will DEFINITELY spend $60 over time on this website. I already got my email confirmation, I'm just waiting for them to credit me my rewards dollars.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
This is a great promo! I tend to like BoB selection over fictionwise, but fictionwise is much more aggressive on there sales/promos that I have been spending all my book money on fictionwise.

I will be taking advantage of thus promo and if BoB keeps these promos up they will be getting more and more of my business.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 AM   #6
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskdawns View Post
I was actually going to try this and got all the way up to the screen where I say how much of the rewards I want to apply to my purchase and in fine print it says that rewards dollars cannot be applied toward gift certificate purchases. Oh well $30 free money is still good!

AND...this deal has been extended through tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:59 AM   #7
duskdawns
Enthusiast
duskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-books

Thanks tech_au and kelly 1010 for the info.

By the way, how do you know the offer was extended and is still good through tomorrow? I don't see any mention of an extension of the deal anywhere on BooksOnBoard's website, and the original promotion link is gone.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
Flashingblade
Enthusiast
Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
This one was still up when I checked a moment ago

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...k_gift_rewards
Flashingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
mpeever
mpeever began at the beginning.

thanks for posting that - I am new here and my new ebook reader should arrive this week so I just went and spent $60 to get another $60

awesome deal.

Mike
mpeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
Willie Aames
Willie Aames began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone
Great deal and thanks for posting - just grabbed a $30 certificate.
Willie Aames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashingblade View Post
This one was still up when I checked a moment ago

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...k_gift_rewards
Thanks so much for that. I thought I missed it since I fell asleep last night so when I saw your post, I got myself a $60 gift card right away.

Do you guys know if we can redeem this offer more than one time? I'm thinking of getting maybe an extra $30 or $60... I know I'll definitely spend all that well before the end of the year.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
kelly1010
Book Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Thanks so much for that. I thought I missed it since I fell asleep last night so when I saw your post, I got myself a $60 gift card right away.

Do you guys know if we can redeem this offer more than one time? I'm thinking of getting maybe an extra $30 or $60... I know I'll definitely spend all that well before the end of the year.
I don't see why you couldn't. If I had more money, I'd order a $60 giftcard as well.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
This is a very good promo. Kudos to BoB for offering such a great deal. I bought a $30 gift certificate for myself. I almost bought a $60, but I haven't spent that much money yet, so I don't know if I could justify it just yet.

I've been relatively new to the ebook scene, but so far, I've been very impressed with BoB. Their prices are very competitive and their customer service is excellent.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #14
duskdawns
Enthusiast

The original offer link was down for a period of time before they put up the link for the extended offer.

Now, rewards dollars CAN be applied toward gift certificate purchases. But you won't earn additional rewards dollars if you do this kind of transaction.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Let's all figure this out.

I've got about 7 literary novels that I want. They're just under $100. And what happens to those Reward Dollars?

Should I buy a $100 Gift Certificate to myself? Then do I have $200 to apply toward those books?

I'm a "Fictionwise Sort-a Guy," ( ) so help me out. (I'm actually a member of Bob, but I very rarely use him.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote