Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-26-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Installation Problems on Eee PC

Hello,

I am attempting to install calibre on my Eee PC running the default Xandros Linux Distro. When I try to install the Debian version or compile from source I get an API version mismatch error.
When I try to install from source I get the following:
Setup calibre version: 0.4.100
running build
running resources
Resources are up to date
running translations
Translations up to date
running gui
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/__init__.py:4: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module PyQt4.QtCore: This Python has API version 1013, module PyQt4.QtCore has version 1012.
from PyQt4.QtCore import PYQT_VERSION_STR
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/__init__.py:4: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module sip: This Python has API version 1013, module sip has version 1012.
from PyQt4.QtCore import PYQT_VERSION_STR

When I attempt to install the Debian version, I get the following:
calibre_postinstall
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.4.100-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/calibre/__init__.py:10: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module PyQt4.QtCore: This Python has API version 1013, module PyQt4.QtCore has version 1012.
#
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.4.100-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/calibre/__init__.py:10: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module sip: This Python has API version 1013, module sip has version 1012.
#
Segmentation fault

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your PyQt version is too old. You should recompile it from source.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre