Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
crystamichelle
crystamichelle began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Epub crashes on Sigil for Mac, OK on Sigil for PC

Hi all,

I am new on the forums, but have been using Sigil for quite some time. It has proven an invaluable piece of software.

Recently, I began working on an epub that I had exported from InDesign. I managed to work through some of my workflow, but somewhere along the way I managed to corrupt my file and Sigil started crashing.

As a sort of work around, I ran the epub through Calibre conversion (from epub to epub) to see if that would catch and fix the issue. No dice.

As a last ditch effort, I installed Sigil on our PC and tried working on the file there. It worked! I was able to continue editing the file. As I was working, I saved different versions along the way, to see if I could get any of them to work on my Mac. Still no luck. (I should say that the file initially loads fine, but once I double click any of the other internal xhtml files, the crash happens.)

Any ideas what would cause a file to crash the Mac version of Sigil and not the PC version?

Your help would be appreciated.

(I am using Sigil 0.5.3 on a Mac running OSX 10.6.8)

Last edited by crystamichelle; 08-12-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Typo in Sigil version number
crystamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2332871
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
crystamichelle

Hi and thank you for your response. I assume the information you wanted me to glean from that post was that Sigil 0.6.2 is unsupported on OSX 10.6.8. However, I am not running 0.6.2. I apologize for the typo in my earlier post.

About Sigil screen shows:

Version: 0.5.3
Loaded Qt: 4.7.4
Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
And which version did you try on the PC? There might still be an issue with the epub for 0.5.3.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
crystamichelle

PC Version

Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Then you cannot make the conclusion you made. The differences between those two versions are massive.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
crystamichelle

I wasn't aware I had made any conclusion. I gave information and asked a question. For what it's worth, I made all of the edits on the PC version, validated with Flightcrew and saved a new copy of the file. It now opens with no issues on my Mac. Thanks for trying to help though.