Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #211
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
My only 2014 goal is to finish my novel. I have stalled 50k words in, and haven't been able to restart. Feel free to keep calling me an assh*le until I get myself motivated again.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #212
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
My only 2014 goal is to finish my novel. I have stalled 50k words in, and haven't been able to restart. Feel free to keep calling me an assh*le until I get myself motivated again.
Look! Don't you know your LIFE depends on finishing it!!!! Sheesh!
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #213
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
[...]I expect to publish my second novel, and to finish writing my third novel. If these don't happen then I'm in real trouble (won't be the first time).

I hope to actually be able to publish my third novel this year too, but [...]
Looks like I'm going to strike out all round. Well, I did finish writing the third novel and it's almost ready to publish ... but "real trouble" did strike (nothing to do with my writing) - I should know better than to make the devil's dare, but I keep trying convince myself I'm not superstitious. It looks like none of the publishing will happen until next year now.

Which just makes me all the more envious of you, VydorScope. Congratulations.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #214
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been floundering since the first of November for various reasons, not real excuse, I have accomplished my goals for the most part -- publishing three books (poetry, science, and memoir) but did not make novel goal though I did do some work on a couple of ideas.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #215
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I've draughted 90% of the book. I'm spending the remainder of the year triple-checking that everything is worked out and stream-lined. When that's done, I'll start editing again. I don't want to waste time having to fix stuff later.
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #216
kennyc

My Muse has shuttled me to my art as writing is dead, will not plan on any additional writing this year and am working full time on my art - a pencil drawing. Will do my summary/goal planning for next year at the end of the month.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #217
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Lost my way due to having to run an insanely heavy project abroad from late April onwards this year. Started the year with some short, short stories, but nothing since May.

When my brain fills up with project plans and IT issues, I don't find it easy to switch to creative mode.

Hey, ho. I may have a month or two gap in the project coming up soon, which would allow me to spring clean my head.

Graham
Old 12-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #218
kennyc

Good Luck Graham!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #219
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
I apparently didn't make any promises or resolutions for 2013. Can't find an entry with my name at least.

2014:

1. Finish "Mail-order Brides"*.
2. Get started on "Surrogate"*.
3. Restart the hunt for an agent.
4. Get to the stage where I can hold a reasonable conversation with a Mandarin-speaking person.
5. Play the piano for half an hour morning and evening five days a week (I'm learning by self-teaching)

Oh, those last two have nothing to do with writing. Sorry.

* working titles only
Old 12-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #220
kennyc

Excellent James! I'll be summarizing and setting goals for 2014 next week.

Maybe you want to start a "2014 Goals" thread?

And those last two absolutely DO have to do with writing. Everything is fodder and particularly playing the piano I think would let your subconscious/muse/mind work on writing. I keep trying to balance writing and my pencil drawing but continue to have a hard time with it .... seems I either do one or the other for extended timeframes (weeks/months) but I know that drawing is very zen-like for me and allows my mind to relax and work on 'stuff.'
Old 12-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #221
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Done!
Old 12-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #222
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This thread is now closed.

Please go here for the 2014 thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229958

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread