Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
M90 and Kindle DX screens comparison

Hello, I've found this photo where the screens of kDx and M90 are compared...

the quality of the screen of M90 is amazing!!...

best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
The background is the same shade of grey but the blacks are remarkably darker. I found my iRex a bit hard to read sometimes due to the lack of contrast but this seems miles ahead.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is that the latest gen Kindle DX? Why would they look different, they both have pearl screens?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is that the latest gen Kindle DX? Why would they look different, they both have pearl screens?
I think it is.. the previous Kindles Dx were white, I think... both screens are pearl but the m90 contrast is way better...
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
I think it is.. the previous Kindles Dx were white, I think... both screens are pearl but the m90 contrast is way better...
I see a difference, but I'm wondering why. Is it a difference in software? is the difference the same when displaying text vs images. Is it an optical illusion, i.e. the difference in frame color makes the contrast appear better? Why is the top left of the Kindle frame so much lighter then the bottom right?

Just curious.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Caleb666
Zealot
Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 64GB
It's probably a difference in software.
Caleb666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is that the latest gen Kindle DX? Why would they look different, they
both have pearl screens?
I wondered too.
How it can be a software issue ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
there is much you can do in the software to control the gamma value. also anti aliasing on text and bolding of fonts etc. devices from separate companies can easily show one page of a document fairly differently from each other. Onyx has added support for CBR and CBZ so they obviously have also adjusted gamma values to better suit Manga etc
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
on the other hand, the Kindle is actually ergonomically usable... albeit its bad PDF capabilities it is still a thousand times more comfortable to use it for reading.. the Boox is in my opinion a (pardon me) Chinese mess of flashy gimmicky design flaws all over the place... the IR controller is unresponsive, the Wacom is unresponsive (and has a blind spot in the middle, the ones in the corners on the small Booxes were bad enough) and the touch buttons are always in the way (e.g. you touch them and the do sth), when you try to change your device's position or put it away... plus the firmware still feels like it did two years ago on the Boox 60... like crap... and why can no company actually think about implementing REAL pdf support to actually make use of annotations (goes for the Kindle as well but yeah)...
Sorry for the rant, but I think Onyx deserve not attention until they finally come up with a flawless device (or where flaws are more like matters of preference)...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #10
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
M90 had taught me a general lesson---- stay away from Chinese products no matter how well specs were stated on paper, they simply sucks. They can't even come up with a decent firmware, let along the hardware...
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #11
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
The difference is the format of the file in wich one. Is the Boox showing a CBR or CBZ file? The Kindle DXG is surely showing a PDF, and in this particular format the contrast is always worse than in another type of file.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #12
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
There is a comparison video also:

http://kindle.infoab.net/kindle-vide...-to-kindle-dx/

or:

http://www.youtube.com/v/u6TRRaw0A-4
meem is offline   Reply With Quote