Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #61
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
There are now 9 fully nominated books. Just one more is needed.

Please watch and note once there have been 10 books with 3 nominations each, as this nomination thread will be closed to new nominations.

The first post in this thread have the 9 fully nominated books listed.

Post #26 lists those and other nominated books.

Updated to this point.

Last edited by dreams; 03-22-2011 at 03:18 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #62
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

I'll third Hal Spacejock #1...that should make ten books?
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #63
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipenekkid View Post
That is such a funny series! It would have gotten my vote, if i had not already read it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #64
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
And with that we appear to have at least 10 books fully nominated. I hope with such a varied selection everyone will be encouraged to vote on the nominees, and even more important read the eventual selection and discuss it. It appears thought that last month, even among those who voted for the final selection, only 10% in the end participated.

Looking at the putative nominees I have already read a couple, and only a two leave me totally cold. Looks good.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I hope one wins that I can actually purchase as an ebook in Australia. Sirens of Titan is a yes - so maybe I'll get lucky.

Revenge of the Radioactive Lady and Super-Sad True Love Story both seem to be out of my grasp. Haven't looked at the others yet.

Regards
Caleb
The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady may not be an eBook in AU, but it is available as a pBook. Maybe you could get it from the library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ok... heres a newer one:

How to Really Stink at Work: A Guide to Making Yourself Fire-Proof While Having the Most Fun Possible by Jeff Foxworthy
Thirded.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #67
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Correct. That closed nominations, as we now have 10 fully nominated books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thirded.
We already have the 10 fully nominated books, sorry.

Please see post #1 for the list of fully nominated books.

Post #26 has all nominated books listed.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #68
aug_aug
aug_aug doesn't litteraug_aug doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
I second A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. Great book, Pulitzer prize winner. Too bad it will not win.
This book is so funny, I'm voting for it. After the last "humor" selection, that horrible WA state egg farm book - which is actually the last time I participated in the club - this would be a fine choice indeed.
aug_aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #69
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
So where's the pole?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #70
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I enjoyed Scalzi's 'Old Man's War' triology so much, that I'm buying the Hal Spacejock quadilogy. Can be purchased in epub w/o DRM for 15 bucks.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #71
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
So where's the pole?
north, south or maypole?
Old 03-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #72
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I enjoyed Scalzi's 'Old Man's War' triology so much, that I'm buying the Hal Spacejock quadilogy. Can be purchased in epub w/o DRM for 15 bucks.
Where in heck are you buying from? PM Spacejock via MR and his publisher lady sends them the next day via email for just a few bucks. Or just google for his website.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #73
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
north, south or maypole?

Before I hit submit, I looked at "pole" and thought to myself, yup, that's the correct spelling for the use of the word.

So where's the pool?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #74
snipenekkid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

Before I hit submit, I looked at "pole" and thought to myself, yup, that's the correct spelling for the use of the word.

So where's the pool?
hahaha...I liked it because it's my kinda gaff too. Worst part is none of the browser based speel-chakers work like the grammer-speel-chak of MS Office which actually do help catch some of those spelled-right-but-wrong-word-or-context things we all do.

Now as for the pool. It's right outside but, it's too cool for the likes of me.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #75
TaureanBull
Guru
TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 3-3G
How about this one?

Assholeology by Dennis Lavalle, Chris Illuminati and Steven B. Green
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote