Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Mark all as read/Mark as unread

Is there any way to make the predefined "Unread books" collection actually useful on the PRS-650 by marking all books as read and/or marking as "unread" a specific book which has been auto-marked as "read", so that it appears in that collection?
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Just re-read my opening post and it sounds confusing (too much read/unread), so:

What I'd like to do is to mark everything on the reader as "unread" (thus emptying the predefined "Unread books" collection) and then to mark specific books I'm planning to read soon as "unread", so that that collection contains *just* those books and no others.

I know I can create my own "Books to read next" collection, and that's what I'm doing now. It'd just be nice if I could use the predefined collection instead, and incidentally strip off all of those "NEW!" icons from the book covers of everything I've just loaded onto the reader.
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Some of us would love to be able to change that status on books - or do away with the feature altogether - but we're stuck with it the way it is.

I've accidentally opened books (esp the one right under "see all" on the home screen!), and been forced to delete and re-load it.

Frankly, I'd love an option of deciding whether I want the about-to-transfer books to go at the front, or the back, of the entire holdings.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
+1 here... i'd like to be able to choose
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
palo
Enthusiast
palo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T2
Any update on this "feature"

p
palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
You could try looking at this thread that is stickied at the top of this Sony forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107826

It may help...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I gave up on that "collection". And made my own, handled by Calibre. A nice side-effect is that I have now an "Unread", a "Reading" and a "Read' collection
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I use the Order Books tool that goaspy kindly shared with us, it works great. And within Calibre, instead of a collection denoting books I've read, I added an extra custom column entitled "Read" where I just toggle it to "yes" when I've finished a book and a checkmark will appear in that custom column.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-650, read, unread