Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #46
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I reported the auction to Amazon.

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

Just so you know, we keep a note of all the lost/stolen Kindle devices in our Database, to make sure no one else can use the device unless the original owner finds the device and contacts us.

I've forwarded your comments to the Kindle team, customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us. The Kindle Team will carefully review your suggestions.

Thanks for your interest in Kindle.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #47
IntegrityWolf
^_^
IntegrityWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch (Wi-Fi)
Very weird.

Anyway, I suspect that they are either clones or knock-offs of the real Kindle, or they are just trying to scam people.
IntegrityWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #48
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
I had not paid yet (bought one earlier today).

I went onto eBay and the item is no longer listed under my "won" category. It was there about two hours ago, now it's totally gone.

I know eBay pulled the auction, but I do find it strange they didn't send me anything regarding this. Had I not known about this thread, I would have no idea what was going on.

Oh well. Probably a stolen bulk shipment form China. Some people reported the auction to Amazon, they contacted eBay and had them end the auction.

Wonder if those who paid immediately will get theirs? I doubt it.

I'm not surprised at all. Guess I'll go on enjoying my legit K3!

Last edited by coolbreeze; 10-04-2010 at 12:05 AM.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #49
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Someone could have hacked the ebay sellers account.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #50
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
yeap, i'll stick to my 139(+s&h) kindle

Last edited by mrzerga; 10-04-2010 at 04:10 AM.
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 04:09 AM   #51
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
So, how should act those who sent money to this seller? Should they file a complaint to PayPal?
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #52
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
So, how should act those who sent money to this seller? Should they file a complaint to PayPal?
you've sent money?
Old 10-04-2010, 04:14 AM   #53
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzerga View Post
you've sent money?
Not me
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:15 AM   #54
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Few hours ago I saw this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Amazon-Kindl...item27b57576dd

They are selling Kindle 3 for $45 bucks! Could it be true?

Almost 180 readers were sold within 2 hours...
Item has been removed already...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 AM   #55
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
That is what needs to happen
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #56
Esquire1
Banned
Esquire1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 wifi; PRS-500 (gone); iPad NOT for reading e-books ;)
I no longer have to wonder why the Flea Market treats every buyer as a fool. Jesus.

Last edited by Esquire1; 10-04-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Esquire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #57
mrzerga
Connoisseur

so tired of meaningless pompous posts around this forum
Old 10-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #58
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzerga View Post
yeap, i'll stick to my 139(+s&h) kindle
And I'll stick to my $409 Kindle.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #59
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquire1 View Post
I no longer have to wonder why the Flea Market treats every buyer as a fool. Jesus.
What??? No offense, but for a lawyer or a lawyer wannabee (judging by your signature) that statement makes little sense.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #60
mrzerga
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsmania View Post
And I'll stick to my $409 Kindle.
obvoiusly no match for your 409, but my s&h came o almost 80$ so really it is 215$ kindle