Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #316
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfMike View Post

Running LibrarianSync on PW3, firmware 5.8.7.0.1 with Caliber plugin.
The creation of the collections from Caliber runs without errors and I can see a collections.json file created in the \system directory.
However KUAL/Librarian sync/Update Collections (calibre plugin) or Rebuild collections (caliber plugin) never displays any progress nor are the collections (which are shown in the log from Caliber) ever created.
Any clues to what I am missing or doing wrong?
Have you installed Python from NiLuJe's snapshots thread?
IIRC, that is a requirement.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #317
GolfMike
GolfMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
^^^
I did, yes
GolfMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 AM   #318
zeflash
zeflash began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite 3 (G090KB)
@GolfMike

I had a similar issue too on my newly acquired (and Jailbreaked ) Paperwhite 3. Looking at the code on github I also saw this issue reported:
https://github.com/barsanuphe/librariansync/issues/6

Turns out it's exactly the issue for me. Turn off wifi and it starts working.

I guess the troubleshooting steps would be:
1- if you don't see the "sending command" overlay show up, you don't have python properly installed
2- if you're stuck on "sending command" and it then fails with "something went very wrong" then it's because of the wifi
zeflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:55 AM   #319
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This application was never designed for software that attempts to keep your Amazon cloud account current.

So update locally (I.E: without Internet connection, Wifi or 3G) first and let the Kindle update your cloud account later, after your done running all of the local changes.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #320
GolfMike
GolfMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeflash View Post
@GolfMike

I had a similar issue too on my newly acquired (and Jailbreaked ) Paperwhite 3. Looking at the code on github I also saw this issue reported:
https://github.com/barsanuphe/librariansync/issues/6

Turns out it's exactly the issue for me. Turn off wifi and it starts working.

I guess the troubleshooting steps would be:
1- if you don't see the "sending command" overlay show up, you don't have python properly installed
2- if you're stuck on "sending command" and it then fails with "something went very wrong" then it's because of the wifi
Thank you, I have reinstalled the appropriate version of Python and after that everything started working as expected!
GolfMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM   #321
mergen3107
mergen3107 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT Black 4.1.3; Kindle Touch 5.3.7.3
Will this work on Kindle 4 NT ?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #322
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Will this work on Kindle 4 NT ?
Never tested for that device.

Is the collections database the same schema as the firmware 5.x series?

I see you have both devices, dump the db schema on both, compare them and then you can tell us.